Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Subzero RFD361 Freezer not properly cooling

jjbodean1970

Hi all,

I have a Subzero RFD361 thats actually in pretty decent shape, but recently started having an issue cooling the freezer side. Thermometer indicates a temp around 26 F but there are warmer areas of the freezer that aren't keeping things frozen properly. Interestingly, the fan doesn't seem to be operating at all, though the light switch operates normally. 

I have attempted to take some items out of the freezer to improve airflow without improvement.

Thoughts?  Thank you in advance!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jjbodean1970

• isaac

• Barksato

8 hours ago, jjbodean1970 said:

the fan doesn't seem to be operating at all

Well if the fan is not running that may very well be the issue,  most of those units have a separate switch for the fan then the light,  so look at the door switches,  try pressing them manually and listen if it runs when switch is pressed

On 12/23/2020 at 7:46 PM, isaac said:

most of those units have a separate switch for the fan then the light

thanks, my unit seems to have just a single switch at the top of the door opening to control both light and switch. switch pressed results in light turning off but no change in fan operation, stays off

fan motor works, but only seems to be coming on intermittently, no rhyme or reason, blades spin freely, doesnt seem to be binding

so i had an appliance repair guy come out and the final diagnosis he gave is a restriction in the sealed system somewhere. cut power to the compressor, he said the pressure dropped to 20, brief hold, then 15, longer hold, before dropping to between 0-5. he said this indicates a restriction. sound plausible?

estimate to replace the sealed system estimated to be $1500-$2000, waiting on the final estimate still.

• 7 months later...

What was the final diagnosis/repair. I am having the same problem. My fan stopped running, could only get temperature down to 30's. I killed power at the breaker to reset the fridge and the fan started again, freezer cooled down to 20's but couldn't get to freezing. The temperature says it is 0degrees but water is not freezing.