LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

LG LDF8072ST Dishwasher - 2013, Might Need new Sump Pump

c-a

Hello -

I believe that my LG LDF8072ST Dishwasher bought in late 2013, needs a new Dishwasher Circulation Pump ABT72909202. 

The problem and reason that I think this because it makes a strange noise during operation and water does not seem to aggressively spray out of the arms. Especially the bottom one.  Oddly dishes are cleaned so the spray is not pushing hard

My question(s) - 

• Do you think this is an accurate diagnosis?  
  • IF so, could it be that the valve accessible inside the tub in the sump area is just out of alignment and I can adjust the vale?
  • Could thee be something lodged in the pump, a grease build-up, etc?  hair, etc?  
  • Do you think that is it is this pump, should I replace the whole Sump for $100 more or just the pump and save the $100?    The pump is about $140.  The Sump is about $240 and includes the pump and other pumps,/parts.
  • Or since this is 8 years old, used daily, should we accept defeat and buy a new one?

Thanks for your help!  let me know if more information is needed.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• c-a

• Vance R

• isaac

• jeffg

Top Posters In This Topic

Without hearing the noise its hard to say if its the wash motor,  but if its the wash motor its caused by a leak in the main seal leaking into the bearing, i would replaced the whole assembly,  can you do a recording of the noise?  Also why do you think the water is not spinning agrresevly?  Looks can be deceiving 

On 1/5/2021 at 5:02 PM, c-a said:

Could thee be something lodged in the pump, a grease build-up, etc?  hair, etc?  

Alway possible, would have to disassemble to find out.

Do you think that is it is this pump, should I replace the whole Sump for $100 more or just the pump and save the $100?    The pump is about $140.  The Sump is about $240 and includes the pump and other pumps,/parts.

+1 Sump assembly.

Or since this is 8 years old, used daily, should we accept defeat and buy a new one?

Depends on several factors with cost of replacement being a major concern.

On 1/6/2021 at 9:55 PM, isaac said:

Without hearing the noise its hard to say if its the wash motor,  but if its the wash motor its caused by a leak in the main seal leaking into the bearing, i would replaced the whole assembly,  can you do a recording of the noise?  Also why do you think the water is not spinning agrresevly?  Looks can be deceiving 

Hello - The cleaning is less effective than it was before.  Also have tried several cleaning items, maybe not strong enough, but lots of Affresh & Vinegar in case there is grease.

To me its like howling wind was what I thought of.  This unit is supposed to be ~ 45DB loud so definitely not working.  

Im not sure how to upload a recording to Appliantology  if I figure that out I will upload the sound.  

Thanks for help.