LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

E-83 Code on Samsung Microwave repair

Diygreg

I have a Samsung over the range microwave (Model ME21H9900AS), in the last few weeks it will set this code when it has been sitting for several hours, sometimes when I shut the door after using, and now it will not reset. e-83 indicates a door switch or control board failure. I checked the door switches the top one and very bottom one are closed when the door is closed, the middle one is closed when the door is open. I opened and closed the door several times and tried to move it up and down (if the switch was out of adjustment) and did not have any issues.

Is there any other suggestions before I replace the control board?

I believe the correct board is DE92-03559C OEM Samsung Microwave Main Power Control Board.

Why do most web sites show /AA after the model number (ME21H9900AS/AS) was mine the first version of this model?

Thanks for looking.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diygreg

• Vance R

• Steve McQueen

/aa means it is for the usa/ canada markets. Not sure what as means.  The top interlock switch is for door sensing - open or closed. The version numbers for samsung products can be in different part of model tag. The 00 version uses the part number listed above on most web sites. You can double check by looking at old board.

Vance R, thanks for the reply, sorry I did not mean AS/AS it should have been AS/AA. Mine is the same as posted in my first paragraph I do not have anything after the first AS, but here is an 01 in a tiny box in the corner with the model number box. I will check the board number, do you feel this will correct my problem? 

Yes, but while your checking the main board part number may want to check the upper switch with an ohm meter.  Checked your error code at samsung stg and they indicated E83 is main pba/ sub pba communication error. Looked over the fast track and parts list which just show one module. The key board has it's own error code of SE.  If the upper switch checks good all that would be left is the main board.

7 hours ago, Diygreg said:

almost as soon as it was plugged in the e83 code was back, do you have any more suggestions.

Only other parts are the display, keyboard and the wire harness. Could check the wires between display and main board.

Thank you, extremely helpful, I will get to this in the next few days, the wife went and got a new one because it was taking to long. never realize how much you depend on something until its broken.

• 1 month later...