LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Bosch compact dishwasher terminates program at water inlet

nuclearz0r

Hello board members

I require your experience and advice regarding a used Bosch Compact Dishwasher model SKS51E18EU bought recently.

The previous owner of 5 years mentioned an issue that it doesn’t drain at the end of the program, so restarting a new program clears this issue.

After good results for 7-8 cycles its behavior changed.. The ordinary program sequence begins: Drainage > Emptying all water in the system > and then the inlet pump starts taking in water, after ~15 seconds of water going in, the "check water" indicator turns on, and the program ends with a long drainage. total of 3 minutes since program execution

I checked:

• Different configurations of the in/out tubes in different angles while running
  • The inlet filter - was clean
  • Drainage filter + unscrewed some piece to reach the cog-wheel of the pump making sure there are no obstructions

After looking online I found that for similar cases some concluded this might be the inlet valve, before ordering a replacement I need certainty that this is the solution, that’s why I require your help.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashton

• nuclearz0r

Top Posters In This Topic

I would check to make sure the water shut off valve is fully open. Disconnect the water line from the output side of the dishwasher inlet water valve and run it into a pail. Checking that I have good flow out of the inlet valve when the dishwasher is running. While the dishwasher is apart, check for water at the flood switch. There is a styrofoam disk about 4 inches across, below the switch. Make sure there is no water causing the disk to float. It should be dry.

Edited by Ashton
Spelling