Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
walterptiv

Fisher Paykel Machine Size

3 posts in this topic

In the course of replacing things to repair a problem, I am replacing the main controller board. I know that I need to set the machine size for it to function. I cannot figure out what the proper size should be. I have a "standard" GWL10. Is the size stamped somewhere?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I'm fairly sure a GWL10 is a 7.5KG washer.  In NZ you press and hold wash temp up button and then press power and release both, it should beep 3 or 4  times, you then press the spin speed up button once, which lights up the bottom spin light, then press power to store. I am unsure if your washers are the same but hopefully it helps.

[align=left]SIZE SETTING MODE (SAME AS SERIES 8)[/align]

[align=left]It is important to set the size of the machine into the Motor Controller's memory whenever a[/align]

[align=left]replacement Motor Controller or Display Module is fitted to the washing machine. Failure to do[/align]

[align=left]this could result in the machine faulting to detailed fault code 9.[/align]

[align=left]To set the size turn the power on at the power point and off at the console. Press and hold the[/align]

[align=left]TEMPERATURE UP button then press the POWER button. The machine will give 4 short[/align]

[align=left]beeps and the pattern of LED's will change.[/align]

[align=left]Press the TEMPERATURE UP button until the COLD LED is on for 5kg & 5.5kg machines.[/align]

[align=left]Press the WATER LEVEL UP button until the LOW WATER LED is on for 6.5kg machines.[/align]

[align=left]Press the SPIN SPEED UP button until the SPIN HOLD LED is on for 7kg/7.5kg machines.[/align]

[align=left](This is the setting for GWL10)[/align]

[align=left]Press POWER to exit this mode.[/align]