LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Temperature issue GE PFSS

sebas116

Hello everybody,

I have a temperature issue down here with a general electric PFSS0MFCA SS Refrigerator. The unit is too cold. The display says that the fridge side is at 48 f while it is actually freezing at 20f right now. the freezer says -10 while it is around 0f right now. First i did a resistance test on the probe in the fridge and the test was good at first but the resistance didin't really change with a 20f rise. So i started by replacing it. Still the same issue. So i tried to go on the service mode to try to do the auto test on the fridge and to try to activate the damper. I am able to go in the service mode but i can't find the right buttom to start the mode i want. Next thing i tried is to put a bit of heat on the fridge probe by keeping it in my hand to see if the display react to it but nothing happens. I'm pretty confident that the board is going bad but i just wanna check with you guys if i forgot something about this one. Most of our buisness is fixing commercial kitchen appliances. A few units that i work with doesn't show the real actual temperature but add a delay on it  so that the user doesn't go crazy about a few degres change while opening the door. Is it the case with that? Is there a way to ajust the temperature offset of the probes?

thank for your help!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sebas116

• Vance R

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like the damper is stuck open. This should help with daignostic mode, run step 1, 0:

image.png.a61adf3efa360fea7b67b5e38c2f4338.png

these explanations are a lot more clear than the one that i saw in the service manual i have. Thanks!

Just did a reset on it. we will see if it helps or not. Any idea about the temperature offset?

21 minutes ago, sebas116 said:

Any idea about the temperature offset?

Nope, never seen any information on doing that on a GE.