LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

New GE laundry center GUD27ESSJ1WW

ameritech

GUD27ESSJ1WW. Let me start out by saying I'm not a big fan of the new GE's... This laundry center is at a huge student housing Apt. and the maintenace guy contacted me syaing he initially got a complaint about a drain and/or spin issue. He said the "pump was clear" so he went ahead and installed the drive motor (his best guess). After that the unit was frozen with lights flashing. 

I came out and reset the unit via key dance and flipped breaker. Controls were unfrozen and I got it into spin, and then started a normal cycle before I left--evrything seemed good, however he called the next day to say it was filling and agitating but would not go into rinse or spin.

The lid locked and went into spin when I was there so I dont suspect the lid lock. HOWEVER, I noticed half of the plastic body for the pulley on the underside of the motor was broken off and he said he broke it installing the motor. I noticed a little bit of noise, but nothing major (but Im not really familiar with these units) and told him to keep an eye on it.

Do you think the problem is the motor? 

Thanks

Jared

17 hours ago, ameritech said:

Let me start out by saying I'm not a big fan of the new GE's..

You would be if you ever worked on the current Whirlpool and Frigidaire laundry centers!

• Like 2

Thanks guys. Ya, speed sensor damage sounds most likely... Ed: are you able to point me to how to access service mode? I couldnt find a tech sheet on unit.

5 hours ago, vee8power said:

You would be if you ever worked on the current Whirlpool and Frigidaire laundry centers!

Even whirlpool huh?! A friend of mine told me yesterday did at least start making their cleanouts accessible on their frontloaders now. It's supposed to be in the storage drawer...

1 hour ago, ameritech said:

Even whirlpool huh?! A friend of mine told me yesterday did at least start making their cleanouts accessible on their frontloaders now. It's supposed to be in the storage drawer...

I was talking about laundry centers. 

7 hours ago, ameritech said:

Also, is the speed sensor in the pulley? Or would I have to replace whole motor assy

Mounts on bottom of motor between motor and pulley. I’ll try to find part number...