Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Fisher Paykel Dish Drawer (Model DS603) filling with clean water -- inlet valve replaced but still filling?

bmwe92m3fan

bmwe92m3fan

Hi everyone -- just found this site and glad I did!  I live in NYC and have a Fisher Paykel single dishdrawer -- Model DS603 -- and it keeps slowly filling up with clean water.  At our old place we had the same unit in our apartment with the same issue -- and I replaced the inlet valve and that fixed the issue -- but it did not fix this issue in our new place.

There are no error codes and the diswasher operates 100% normally -- except for this issue...  I can't figure out how water (clean water) is getting into the dishdrawer -- anyone have any ideas?  I suppose I could have gotten a defective part, or my water pressure on the hot side is too high -- but short of that is there anything else I'm missing -- I've read the service manual and don't see this issue addressed.  Thanks for any help you can give me -- I bumped a 5 year old thread but it is probably better to start a new thread.

TIA!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bmwe92m3fan

• J5*

• ServiceTech_Daniel

• Budget Appliance Repair

bmwe92m3fan
7 hours ago, J5* said:

Faulty valve

I just replaced the valve with a new one -- I can replace it again easily -- but what are the chances I got a bad new one?

2 hours ago, bmwe92m3fan said:

I just replaced the valve with a new one -- I can replace it again easily -- but what are the chances I got a bad new one?

Theres only 1 way that clear clean water is going to fill up the tub 

bmwe92m3fan
16 minutes ago, J5* said:

Theres only 1 way that clear clean water is going to fill up the tub 

Yes I know -- I guess I can replace the valve again but it seems extremely unlikely the new one I just put in is bad -- but it's fairly inexpensive so will try it again I guess....  Thanks for taking the time to respond.

bmwe92m3fan

OK - I'm still having the same problem -- on my third inlet valve now so please don't tell me it's the inlet valve....  The only things I can think of that would cause my dishdrawer to keep filling up with clean water are 1) too high water pressure that overwhelms the inlet valve, or 2) a faulty control board that somehow keeps the inlet valve energized and allows it to stay somewhat open.....  Any suggestions are appreciated!

@bmwe92m3fan a water valve leaking thru isn't usually caused by a too high of water pressure but in-fact just the opposite, too low of water pressure.

The water inlet valves are designed for an operating pressure of 20-120 PSI water inlet pressure.  With too low of pressure it won't seal the inlet stopper correctly and will let water weep thru.

bmwe92m3fan
4 hours ago, Budget Appliance Repair said:

@bmwe92m3fan a water valve leaking thru isn't usually caused by a too high of water pressure but in-fact just the opposite, too low of water pressure.

The water inlet valves are designed for an operating pressure of 20-120 PSI water inlet pressure.  With too low of pressure it won't seal the inlet stopper correctly and will let water weep thru.

Thanks for the insight -- the water pressure in the sink above -- which uses the same hot water line - is normal.  So I guess that leaves the board -- Maybe I'll turn off power to the dishwasher and see if the water intrusion stops...

bmwe92m3fan

Well I'm totally confused now -- third inlet valve and still have the same issue -- even with power off.  How can my dish drawer keep slowly filling up with clean water?

Whats your voltage at the valve ? If the valve is always filling with water and there is 120 constantly being supplied I would say you have a bad board. 

bmwe92m3fan
14 hours ago, ServiceTech_Daniel said:

Whats your voltage at the valve ? If the valve is always filling with water and there is 120 constantly being supplied I would say you have a bad board. 

I don't have a voltmeter to check -- but will see if I can borrow one.  Thanks

bmwe92m3fan
15 hours ago, worx appliance service said:

turn off water supply to prove it is clean verses drain backwash..

This I have done -- it's a single dishdrawer so no possibility of one draining to the other -- and the drain line has a nice and high loop.

bmwe92m3fan
14 hours ago, ServiceTech_Daniel said:

Also - which board would it be to replaced -- the electronic controller in the front -- or the chasis board where the flood switch is located?

3 hours ago, bmwe92m3fan said:

Also - which board would it be to replaced -- the electronic controller in the front -- or the chasis board where the flood switch is located?

I’m pretty sure it’s chassis . When I get a moment I will double check the service manual

bmwe92m3fan
21 minutes ago, ServiceTech_Daniel said:

I’m pretty sure it’s chassis . When I get a moment I will double check the service manual

Thanks -- my assumption from the service manual I have is that the chassis module is for the lid actuators and flood sensor only....

I think we have determined its a leaking valve

the question is it mechanical? The valve 

electrical ? Board

the simple answer is unplug the valve and come back tomorrow 

The fill valve relies on the incoming water pressure to shut. If the water pressure is too low it’s not going to shut properly, letting water through. I’d disconnect the supply hose from the dishwasher, or connect another fill hose at supply and check what kind of pressure you have through there. It should be shooting out pretty darn hard.

bmwe92m3fan
2 hours ago, ABA Tech said:

The fill valve relies on the incoming water pressure to shut. If the water pressure is too low it’s not going to shut properly, letting water through. I’d disconnect the supply hose from the dishwasher, or connect another fill hose at supply and check what kind of pressure you have through there. It should be shooting out pretty darn hard.

We have great water pressure -- my initial concern was that the pressure was too HIGH lol -- and when I turned off the breaker to the dishwasher it didn't fill up with water....  Also - to be clear -- the rise in water is only slight -- just enough to get above the filter plate -- it's not gushing in - which is why I suspected some type of electrical issue....

bmwe92m3fan
3 hours ago, J5* said:

I think we have determined its a leaking valve

the question is it mechanical? The valve 

electrical ? Board

the simple answer is unplug the valve and come back tomorrow 

Ugh - getting to that piece is such a PITA but I guess you are right --Now that I think of it  I'm not sure shutting off at the breaker as I did earlier was a good read or not since it wasn't over night -- and I kept using the sink....  All I know is that the water is crystal clear (I even removed the filter to be sure) -- and what goes down the drain certainly isn't...

8 hours ago, bmwe92m3fan said:

Thanks -- my assumption from the service manual I have is that the chassis module is for the lid actuators and flood sensor only....

Hey sorry o got busy at work , and your right after looking at the service manual it was the main pcb and not the chassis board 

bmwe92m3fan
4 minutes ago, ServiceTech_Daniel said:

Hey sorry o got busy at work , and your right after looking at the service manual it was the main pcb and not the chassis board 

I found one locally - and supposedly new for cheap -- it's the only explanation that makes sense -- we bought this place from someone that hadn't used their dishdrawer in years - some things just don't like not being used....  The (single) drain hose is looped way above the sink drain and everything else works properly with no error codes ever - it just seems that the board is sending power to the valve when it shouldn't - which I confirmed but can't tell the absolute voltage -- then again we live in a condo building so pressure fluctuations are the be expected -- Rotor works great, drain is clear, internal passages on tub are clear -- don't know what else to check....  I did have to plunge the sink drain after we moved in and considered that my plunging could have damaged the one way valve on drain - but that seems unlikely given the design....

bmwe92m3fan
1 hour ago, ServiceTech_Daniel said:

and no worries -- you are a pro and I'm trying to fix my dishwasher....

bmwe92m3fan

Update - problem is now solved -- it was the board -- after replacement (which was pretty easy) -- dishdrawer is bone dry -- anyone need two slightly used FP water inlet valves?  Thanks for all he help all - so glad I found this site -- I would have easily paid over $1k here in NYC to get this fixed....

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have same issue for my fisher and paykel dishwasher, called the company, they said they no longer make parts for this model DS603i, where did you get pcb board? Thanks!