Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Fridgidaire laundry center FLXE52RBS9

Brian B

Well this is a head scratcher!

The washer would keep spinning even if the door is open, and also washes with the door open. Naturally, I examined the lid switch and it was broken in places. I replaced it with a new one that has 4 terminals on it, the schematic shows 2 tan and black wires along with a white  and white red wire. The two black and tan wires are not there, whats going on here? The lid switch locked during spin the first time but doesn't anymore., and it still washes with the door open. Do you think the motor and switch are bad, or are those two wires cut and would those two wires make a difference? Oh, and also I get good continuity on the sw when closed and open when open. Help would be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian B

• 16345Ed

• vallen513

• Slav

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 6/11/2021 at 12:17 PM, Brian B said:

I replaced it with a new one that has 4 terminals on it

An updated version of the lid lock switch has an additional Check Switch attached to it. But it's not being utilized by this model washer.

All reliable places don't have this lid switch in stock. So if you bought it on Amazon/eBay, it could be poor quality and burn out.

On 6/11/2021 at 8:05 PM, Brian B said:

What would be causing the new switch to burn out?

Why do you think it's burned? Is it not actuating?

Maybe it's working, but is slightly bent and not catching the lid properly. Maybe the lid itself is bent, or the whole body is skewed?

When I initially ran the washer after I put the new lid sw in,, it worked but now it doesn't when I ohmed it out it tested good,, I also observed that the actuarater is not even moving,, so Im hopefull that another switch would work. What would be causing the new switch to burn out?

Thanks everyone for the inputWhen I initially ran the washer after I put the new lid sw in,, it worked but now it doesn't when I ohmed it out it tested good,, I also observed that the actuarater is not even moving,, so Im hopefull that another switch would work. What would be causing the new switch to burn out?

I thought there are two parts to this lock? One is the lid switch, and then the actual lock, which is like a wax motor?