LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Amana NTW4600YQ Washer Doesn't Get Clothes Clean & Other Issues

seanof30306

seanof30306

OK, so I bought my house in 2014.  It came with a new Amana NTW4600YQ washer.

My first issue is it doesn't get clothes clean.  Never has, not from the first wash when it was brand new.  I've resorted to putting clothes in, running the washer for a few minutes, then stopping it and letting the clothes soak for a couple of days.  I also put those plastic washer balls in there too.  The results are better, but still not satisfactory.

The second issue is I put the detergent in the washer while it is filling, let it fill, mix the detergent and water up, then put the clothes in.  Hal 2000 (my name for my washer) does not approve of this.  If I fill the washer with the lid up, just a few minutes after it is full it will begin to drain, and once Hal starts to drain, there is no stopping him.  I've kind of solved that by timing the fill and setting an alarm on my phone for one minute before it is full, but man I can't tell you how many loads of water and detergent I've wasted in the past 7 years with this thing.

I've gone through the manual numerous times, but it doesn't address these issues.  https://www.manualslib.com/products/Amana-Ntw4650yq-134531.html

The place I rented for 6 years before I bought this house had appliances from the 1970s ... you know, the ones with the avocado green paint?  That washer got my clothes perfectly clean.  I even went to my old landlord and offered to trade him my Amana for it, but he wouldn't do it.

Is there anything I can do about this?

If I can't find a solution I'm gonna have to buy a Speed Queen ... or an avocado green Maytag from the 70s!   

Thanks

Crap washers. Never use regular setting. Use heavy duty or deep fill. But they still suck. 

Good luck finding an avocado one… 😂

• Like 1

BTW you can get these washers on sale for $400-$500. You get what you pay for…

11 hours ago, seanof30306 said:

If I can't find a solution I'm gonna have to buy a Speed Queen ... or an avocado green Maytag from the 70s!

this is what you will have to do, maytag from 1997 on back is good,old whirlpool direct drives are good also ,  i'm having lots of trouble getting speed queen in , the order i am waiting on now was made 1/8/21 .  i have 25 people that have put deposits down and waiting in line for a washer, and it could take months to get them taken care of.  maybe things will start moving quicker when they quit paying people to stay home !   good luck !

Use HE detergent. Also make sure the agitator isn't stripped out.  It should get the clothes clean if it is operating properly.