Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Fridge not cooling/freezing enough

iirmischer

Hi, My refrigerator has gradually stopped cooling properly. Currently, it cools the freezer to about 20 degrees Fahrenheit and the fridge to about 48 degrees fahrenheit. I have it on settings to cool to -o F and 32F. I had a tech come out and he said he couldn't fix it. it was a system problem. I have some pictures I attach.  the middle picture is the fridge and I think the evap. It was frozen. I thawed everything out and took some more pictures with the evap cover off. The drain tray was broken - probably from the frozen ice. It had some green and brown color on it. that is also in pictures. When I thawed the ice on the evap I didn't get water everywhere so I think it drained properly.

Any recommendations on what to do next?

1472995726_modelandfrozenevap.thumb.JPG.77171d9492ff600bb05acc73f971bc0a.JPGtwoMore.thumb.JPG.d0c14972b7950f196677073c73273661.JPG1818091519_trayandevap.thumb.JPG.42545dac6efde2c63637f59eacbc9cb4.JPG

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iirmischer

• max999

• MichTech517

• everardo gonzalez

everardo gonzalez

I had the same problem with my Samsung Refrigerator and the problem was the damper did not open to let the cool air flow to the food compartment. Check your damper could be the same problem.

Hi, I have  dual evap kitchenaid fridge(KFIS29PBMS01 with freezer that is warm then normal @15F instead of 0F . The fridge is working just fine, its always between 34-38F. I did measure both thermistors RC/FC once disconnected from P5 I get
7.2K/13.5K the actual temp is 37/18F at the time I measured, I then compared it to the W10316760 Thermistor chart and for
37/18F it should be 7.7K/13.4K , the fridge temp is off but the freezer thermistor is in range. I than ran all the
thermistor via the service DIAG. and it returned a value of "01" = pass for both. RC/FC Evaps fans are fine too, I can hear them running when they are turned on via service DIAG.
when FC is in defrost the temp shoot up to 28F , it hot here today(84F), I will get a pic of the FC evap coil when is has
frost on it, I think it is normal. but I might be wrong. it maybe the 3 way valve ,right? 

thanks a million, 

On 9/10/2021 at 8:43 PM, everardo gonzalez said:

Do you hear the fan in the freezer running when the compressor is running? Also, have you clean the condenser coils and is the condenser fan running when the compressor is running? 

when the compressor is running and I open the freezer door i see that the fan is running and I see light frost on the coils. yes I cleaned the condenser coils. yes, the condenser fan when compressor is running.