Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

KFIS29PBMS01 both FC and RC don't reach set temperature

max999

28 minutes ago, max999 said:

Sorry, I missed understood, I did charge with dial-a-charge cylinder, not pressure.

The old fashion way to do measured a charge. If it  has a heater it will charge a system quickly.

Yes , I did use the heater. So how do I correct so the pressure is just , reclaim some refrigerate, right? . How do I accurately do that? 

1 hour ago, Vance R said:

The old fashion way to do measured a charge. If it  has a heater it will charge a system quickly.

Btw, one more data point , it look like defrost is occurring every 8 hours I think and when it does the compressor is off and the pressure equalizes fast at 28psi , is this normal pressure to equalizes at? 

14 minutes ago, max999 said:

the pressure equalizes fast at 28psi , is this normal pressure to equalizes at? 

If the average temp of the system is 32 to 33 deg f then 28 psi would be good.  Never really measured a lot of equalized pressures, but thinking in the 40 psi range would make me feel more comfortable.

Great, wow  we all good, so no need to correct anything for now. Again thanks for everything, I will update you if anything change. 

One last thing, this whole process quite an adventure and i felt like I was under the watchful eye of a master. I learned a lot from you and I appreciate all your help.  Thanks 

Question , when the freezer is in defrost mode, the temperature in the freezer will rise as much as 30F and once it stops defrosting the compressor start again it should take about an hour or longer to reach freezer set temperature, right? 

What will be the symptoms of slightly overcharged fridge , and is it bad for the compressor? 

If it’s full off frozen food, I doubt you will reach 30 degrees in compartment

• Like 1

well it is empty since I had issues with the freezer, so without any frozen items, for the freezer to keep temperature low , it will rise fast, correct. ? 

anyone has an idea of what the symptoms will be if the fridge was slightly overcharged ?  

Hi, this morning I noticed little frost on the suction line just as it is come out of the freezer evaporator, maybe 4” or so , the fridge suction line has no frost as it is come out of the evaporator. It must be overcharged. The fridge temp is fine and the temperatures could be a little lower , it’s at 5F. Should the frosting stop as it exits the freezer evaporator? Should i put insulation  on the suction line as it comes out of the of the freezer ? 

If you think it’s over charged recover, vacuum and weigh in proper amount. That is the correct way to do it. 

• 1 month later...

Hi, the kitchenaid fridge both FC &RC were working fine and getting to temperature of -1F & 38F respectively until today , not sure why. 
the FC&RC seem to be stuck at 30F&42F , I can hear the compressor kick in and going to higher speeds often, maybe every hour or less. The condenser fan is running but the condenser is at room temperature, it should a little warmer then that, right?. Is it possible that the capillary has an obstruction and is why the condenser is at room temperature? 
Why will it occur a month or so later   ? Any suggestions, thanks 

max

6 minutes ago, max999 said:

Why will it occur a month or so later   ? Any suggestions, thanks 

Most commonly would be a leak, then restriction.

Wow, thanks for quick reply on thanksgiving. I just added 1/2oz after first I purged the air  from host and I noticed that the return from the evaporators is frosting up,  isn’t that a a sign of overcharged system? 

After adding the 1/2oz 20min ago  I see that the FC temp is starting  to drop down a little it’s at 29F. Will you consider this a leak still , Even with the evap return to the compressor is frosting up a little ? 

40 minutes ago, max999 said:

I just added 1/2oz after first I purged the air  from host and I noticed that the return from the evaporators is frosting up,  isn’t that a a sign of overcharged system? 

Very possible, let it run for awhile. What were the high and low side pressures before you added refrigerant?

I just connected the gauges to the low/high ports and they currently read 9psi/200psi respectively. The current FC/RC temps are 15/37F. Here is Something I noticed that might be help-full. The narrow tube out of the compressor into the condenser is hot to touch and the other the side of the condenser, going to into the fridge (into heat exchange loop,right?)is at room temp, is that an indication obstruction in condenser? 

1 hour ago, max999 said:

/200psi

There are non-condensables in the system, possible lowside leak.