Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Tech Manual Needed for a Viking VCSB423DSS

Trustyappliancerepair

Manufacturer: Viking
Type of Appliance: Refrigerator
Model Number: VCSB423DSS
Have you validated the model number at an online parts site like Repair Clinic? (yes or no): yes
Have you watched the video on how to search for manuals and have you searched the Downloads section prior to posting this request? (yes or no): yes

I need the specific manual. I have found the service note book. Need a manual which will tell me which pins to use to troubleshoot components from the board also how to disassemble to compartments.

Thanks 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trustyappliancerepair

• Son of Samurai

• bna12122

Yes. I have seen this one. this is the one  I tried to use for diagnosis this afternoon. Can't check voltage across the control board with no information. Also can you explain what the vacation key or hidden key is? could not get most of the diagnostic tests to work. 

Thanks for your help

Good afternoon, there really isn't much in the way of diagnostic testing.  You can force defrost and run but thats it.  In regard to testing from the board and pin locations, good luck.  I've been working on Viking for 20 years and there really isn't much that can be done.  I am sending Sam the manual for this to be uploaded to the server.  More specifically what is the problem you are experiencing with the unit.  I can help you better with that info.  

My apologies on the delay in responding.  Like everyone else I've been buried and have a boatload of stuff going on in my personal life.  The serial # would be helpful as well.  Thank you

Brian 

Thank you for the tech sheet. The problem was that it was not cooling. All the fans were running as normal.I could not get the compressor to force start.