Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kenmore fridge model 795.51022011 will only dispense about a cup of water after changing filter

oldpops

Hi all, have looked but cannot find the answer to this question on the forum. I already tried posting this but I don't think I put the model # in the title so it's probably not going to be answered, at least for a while. Anyway, we have a Kenmore side-by-side fridge (model # 795.51022011 ) and it stopped dispensing water one day. It had been about 6 months since we changed the filter, so we put a new filter in. The fridge dispensed about a glass of water, then stopped??

We made sure the doors were closed & there was power. **When we remove the filters, water does come out of where the filter plugs into - (so we know it's getting water), We replaced the filter after checking it over. **Incidentally, I don't think it is supposed to keep leaking water with the filter removed. A little, yeah, but not continual

In any even. we once again inserted the new filter and got the same results (dispenses about a glass of water then nothing). We do hear a slight humming when we push the glass against the little paddle to get the water to come out.. Just to be sure, we installed a another water filter & got the same results. We know it was working with the same brand water filter before, and we have changed it out 2 more times.

We know it is getting water up to the dispenser because we can get about a glass of water there before it stops dispensing. **Note, the ice dispenser broke (not repaired) a few months after the warranty ended, but the water has been dispensing for years after that. Anyone have any ideas?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 16345Ed

• oldpops

• jim ortiz

Top Posters In This Topic

Is ice maker making ice?

First thing is to check water pressure going into refrigerator. 

Did you replace the water inlet valve? you should be able to run the water with out a filter I believe it bypasses itself.