Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Wiring sheet specific to MDE26PCADL

igloo

Manufacturer: Maytag
Type of Appliance: electric dryer
Model Number: MDE26PCADL
Have you validated the model number at an online parts site like Repair Clinic? (yes or no): y
Have you watched the video on how to search for manuals and have you searched the Downloads section prior to posting this request? (yes or no): y

Need a wiring sheet specifically for MDE26PCADL to be able identify wire colors to install a new motor with updated motor switch.

Thanks Captain. Would you also have a schematic or a wiring sheet for this specific dryer itself where it shows the start and run windings on the motor as well as the whole dryer schematic? Some of these older dryer schematics don't shows motor details like the newer ones do.

Try this one from 1998:

Some info on 2-4, 2-5 and wire diagrams begin on 9-1

Edited by Vance R
page info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK motor, idler and rollers installed. Now the landlord wanted to up the vend price on the dryer. Usually no problem, but he doesn't have service door key. So I thought, all I need is the service door switch opened to enter price change menu. So I tried cutting the yellow wire from the coin box to the console. Didn't work and it reset price from $1.50 to 50 cents. Tried the other yellow, nothin'. Of course I don't have the wiring sheet for this exact model. I went by other Maytag coin op schematic that has an Orange and Yellow wire to service door switch. This dryer has 2 yellow wires. But they are distictly separate from the other harness bundle and the other blue, red, white and w w-bu is for the coin sensor. Makes me wonder why it didn't work. Maybe the switch is normaly open and cutting a wire won't enter price menu? This dryer has only the 3 buttons; white, colors and delicates.

MaytagCoinDryerSchematic.thumb.png.69cfce05aeeca0b04e83692063b9a4e8.png

852841850_20211226_1929361.jpg

1 hour ago, THRAMICH said:

This website will not allow me to upload pdf files, so I cannot help.

Sure you can upload pdf, I do it all the time. Click on Home > Downloads > Submit a file

• Thanks 1

Search for this tech sheet I uploaded, it is as close to the specific model as I could find. It may just do the trick. I have no idea how to attach tech sheets to replies here.

MAYTAG COIN OPERATED DRYER TECH SHEET FOR MDE26PD MODELS

31 minutes ago, THRAMICH said:

Search for this tech sheet I uploaded, it is as close to the specific model as I could find. It may just do the trick. I have no idea how to attach tech sheets to replies here.

MAYTAG COIN OPERATED DRYER TECH SHEET FOR MDE26PD MODELS

On this site? Couln't find it. If you copy and paste a link it will appear here. Or is there a document number?

2 hours ago, igloo said:

On this site? Couln't find it. If you copy and paste a link it will appear here. Or is there a document number?

Edited by Son of Samurai
File was already in Downloads, so link was changed to point to the correct file
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Son of Samurai said:

@THRAMICHThanks for the upload! Looks like we do already have that one, though -- it's the one Captain Dunsel just posted the link to.

Thanks for the update. The linked file above does not contain all of the model numbers the tech sheet applies to, I recommend editing to help anybody searching. Unfortunately the tech sheet does not contain that information itself.

• Team Samurai
13 hours ago, THRAMICH said:

Thanks for the update. The linked file above does not contain all of the model numbers the tech sheet applies to, I recommend editing to help anybody searching. Unfortunately the tech sheet does not contain that information itself.

Unfortunately, Whirlpool doesn't provide a comprehensive list anyone of all the models it applies to. that's why we just have to use the publication number for cross referencing.

• Like 1

That schematic is the same as I posted few posts up. So I'll try resetting the board. I'm not sure now, but I think removing the harnesses from the board will reset it. Anyone know for sure? That should default it to $1.50 at least. Otherwise I'll have to drill the lock and it's up to to owner if they want new locks. BTW what would you guys charge for drilling a lock or two (the washer next to it) and replacing them? Keeping in mind they asked for the price change while I was already fixing the dryer, so no new service call fee and they were on the fence already about sinking $437 into the dryer. They have properties and give me other calls occasionally.

Edited by igloo

@Son of Samurai Sam,  does the capacitor on board keep the new entered settings in memory by supplying power somewhere, or is it all stored in the logic chip regardless of whether it has power or not? What would happen if I discharged the cap on an unplugged board? I'm thinking, wild theory, there are default factory settings in the chip and the new ones are kept saved and kept there by capacitor holding a charge to power some memory chip like a battery...?

Did unplugging or shorting the key switch do anything?

That tech sheet should have the steps to change the pricing once you get the unit into diagnostic mode, which is usually just opening (or closing) the key switch with the unit unplugged. I have worked on a couple of these, however the owners had the key so I didn't have any trouble.

Edited by THRAMICH

37 minutes ago, THRAMICH said:

Did unplugging or shorting the key switch do anything?

That tech sheet should have the steps to change the pricing once you get the unit into diagnostic mode, which is usually just opening (or closing) the key switch with the unit unplugged. I have worked on a couple of these, however the owners had the key so I didn't have any trouble.

Unplugging did nothing. I had it unplugged mutliplee times before changing the motor. Then before testing it, I figured I'd try to cut the yellow wire to see if the display turns into service mode. Cut it, plug it in and now it shows 50 cents. So I unplugged, reconnected the wire, cut the other yellow wire, same thing. Connected wire, dryer runs full cycle on 50 cents. Disconnected and reconncted the coin harness only, no change. I know how to change the price, just have to get into the service mode and that requires me to open the service door which releases the switch. Then display turns into service mode. I tried immitating the open switch by cutting the yellow wire. But it's possible that the switch is normally open and closes when door is opened, which would explain why cutting wire doesn't work. I'm not doing to short the yellow wires without a schematic to see if that theory is correct. I'd hate to fry the board that's NLA.

• Like 1

Are there only 2 yellow wires, and no black or white wire? Use your meter across the wires while disconnected to determine if there is power and neutral/ground (depending whether the circuit is AC or DC). Then do a continuity check on the other ends  going to the switch to determine whether the switch is normally open or normally closed. Most are normally closed, but this could be an exception. Then connect the wires again and verify your theory by checking for voltage across the wires while connected. This will tell you if it is safe to short them.

Edited by THRAMICH
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is what I found after I drilled the locks. It's a simple toggle switch in there. Flip the switch manually and it enters service mode. Cutting wires to it does not put it in service mode. So I flipped it, put it in service mode, then I tried uplugging each wire from it to see what happens. No matter if it's already in service mode or not it goes into regular vend mode when wire is disconnected. The board must be doing all the decisions and surely this is to prevent someone hacking it like I tried. 

1379396020_20220112_1454211.thumb.jpg.eab3142e60505bd38fa953db9b3edef6.jpg

On a side note, when I ordered new locks, they came with a short latch. Must be specific for a certain model, I thought they were all the same. Ended up reusing the old latch part with the new lock. Just wanted to give heads up in case you are in the same situation to pay attention to the latch length.

970192581_20220112_1510191.thumb.jpg.26ea01136f9956febc7974bee17301c5.jpg