Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

no warm air -wall heater

northstar40601

northstar40601

I had my  in-the-wall  combinination heater - air conditioner  switched off for about 3 days recently,   then the  outside temp. dipped to 56 degrees, so early one morning  I pressed the heat button   which caused the fan to come on but no  warm air will come out of the vent.    I turned the thermostat to "warmer" but still no warm air will come out of the vent.   It does a great job of blowing tepid, room temperature air out of the vent.  This morning was 59 degrees, and still have the same problem, no warm air.   Any suggestions?   Should I call HVAC guy now  (while it is rather warm outside)   or wait until  colder weather ? 

Will the HVAC guy be able to properly diagnose since the outside temp is rather warm now ? 

Jim in Kentucky

GE Model  #  A2855BDAALSA       Mfg. Date  1978

V  230/208    Amp.  6.2/6.5

Heat  BTU Hr.  11900/9700

Cool  BTU  Hr.  9000/8800

Htr.   3400/2775

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is the unit electric heat or heat pump? electric heat could be an open t-stat or burnt off wire. heat pump ? try running a/c 15-20 mins- then switch to heat.

electric heat -then the heat selector switch may be at fault or element or high limit or broken connection. is the room temperature control builtin or remote?  is this unit push button controls? if so rock buttons between heat/cool... heat switch may not be fully engaging when pushed.  short of opening up the unit I would call for service 

northstar40601

[user=11871]donn[/user] wrote:

electric heat -then the heat selector switch may be at fault or element or high limit or broken connection. is the room temperature control builtin or remote?  is this unit push button controls? if so rock buttons between heat/cool... heat switch may not be fully engaging when pushed.  short of opening up the unit I would call for service 

The room temperature control is built-in     (not remote),    with push button controls.   There are 4 push buttons.......  Off,    Fan Only,     Cool,   and    Heat.         Beside the 4 push buttons is a  round  dial,   turn clockwise for "cooler"   or   counterclockwise for  "warmer".   

I rocked the buttons between  heat and cool,   and  that did not fix the problem.   

:dude: With that guy being almost 30 yrs old, I'll bet I know what the HVAC guy is gonna tell you. Not sure about your area, but around me HVAC companies don't work on those, the appliance guys do. Ask if they work on PTAC (Packaged terminal a/c) units.

northstar40601

[user=11813]Rrey199[/user] wrote:

:dude: With that guy being almost 30 yrs old, I'll bet I know what the HVAC guy is gonna tell you. Not sure about your area, but around me HVAC companies don't work on those, the appliance guys do. Ask if they work on PTAC (Packaged terminal a/c) units.

good advice,  Rrey,   I'll find an appliance guy to take a look at it.          :yikes:

Archived