Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
DamonBlank

GE Washer WLSE3150A0WW Spin / Agitate Problem

2 posts in this topic

I have a GE WLSE3150A0WW washer that is about 3 years old.  Recently, right after the warranty went out on it,  it stopped spinning or agitating.  It seems to fill normally and when it is supposed to agitate, it hums...  I removed the cover and went through a diagnostic check that was listed on a schematic I found folded up under the control panel.  When the diagnostic check took me to the agitate and spin cycle, it did nothing.  The motor is not spinning or anything.  Hopefully it is just a wire or something as everything "under the hood" seems to look brand new. There is no sign of anything burnt or worn.  Any ideas??? :)

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sounds like you have a bad motor or control board.  Would need to see if you have voltage to the motor.  If you hear the motor humming it may be bad as there have been issues with these and have a new motor kit to replace the origina ones.  But see if you have power to the motor.   Also could remove the belt to see if the motor runs with out the transmission load.  There are also known issues with these trannys but this does have a 5 year warranty.