Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
psuiewalsh

need fuse link

4 posts in this topic

I have a central vac with a whirlpool electric vac hose that powers the sweeper head. I have a bag from FSP that has a number 4152541. No one seems to stock this 90deg two prong fused plug.

No 21 on the hose drawing

Thanks

Keith

post-1134-129045085019_thumb.gif

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

i know the peice well,all of the sears kenmore vac's used those hoses for years- the fuse has been discontinued some time ago,here are your choices: look for a used vaccuum dealer in your area who might likely have one "laying around" and be willing to part with it, replace the entire hose ass'y (if hose is that old,it's likely cracked somewhere anyhow) with fridgidaire/eureka/elecreolux etc. etc. etc.  part#20-5275 hose,to adapt this hose to a w/p style powerhead,a wand/wire kit are required as well- can furnish part # if req'd; see if there is a heyden dealer in your area,as their units used these hoses as well for a number of years,but have since gone broke here in canada. if you cannot locate one,i will see if i can locate one where i live and send it to you,but it may take me a while to locate one as most people i know have depleted their "supplies".   for the record(i am not advising or condoning this) but by whittling off the plastic sheild on the end of the cord the fuse inserts into,the cord then conveniently fits directly into the hose connection.  bear in mind the fuse is there to protect the user should the wires that travel the length of the hose become damaged,oveloaded,overheated or the like. the powerhead still has its own overload.

Thanks for looking. I am sure that there are others out there in the same boat as me. I have two hoses that are very new and do not look like they will need replacing for some time. I thought to make the cord fit in directly but was hoping that there was some place out there still making the part. Is there any plug in type overload that would fit between the wall outlet and the cord plug, that would give some protection in the event of a hose short?

Thanks

Keith

not that i have seen,look for a heyden dealer,or check the used dealers in your area,i will look here as well