Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Harvest Golden Girl

Dishwasher that won't pump

5 posts in this topic

Model: SDU 3000.  Yes, that is the correct number, it's just over 20 years old.  I've gotten this far: racks out, unscrewed the plastic doohickey and taken out the watersquirter arm. Then popped out the round garbage screen.  And I opened the kicker plate at the bottom enough to see the little diagram pasted on it and lots of wires. OK, so maybe I don't know all the technical words.  What I think I need to know next is how do I get the motor out? The white plastic thing is still in the center. Does that come out first, if so how.  I'd really like to keep my trusty pal if at all possible, I've sortof decorated my kitchen around Harvest Gold. I can do without LEDs and such.  Help?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

That number does not pull up but look to see if there are 4 white locking tabs underneath the motor thingie below the bottom of the tub.  If so these just turn to let you remove the motor/pump assy.

Thanks, I'll look into that - but now I remembered I have another question.  Before I yank out the motor, could this be a solenoid problem? I read that some dishwashers have those.  I've replaced solenoids on my older cars in the past, so sorta have an idea.  Since I can't find much info on this model, do you know where I should look for it and how to test it? And oh yeah, thanks for the response

:D

Without being able to pull up a visual for this model, the older whirlpool d/w is  not known to have a pump out coil like the g/e/, h/p d/w's .  If it will not wash or drain, the motor may be out or the start realy.  If it washes but does not drain, could be something in the pump or a blockage in the drain line somewhere, check where it attaches to the house drain.

I finally got the black drain hose unclamped to where it hooks in to the garbage disposal and some water drained out.  It didn't seem blocked.  When I ran it through its cycle, once again when it got to the drain part it just sortof made little buzzing and humming noises and didn't pump water.  So I guess it's the motor and/or pump?  I looked for the 4 tabs that you mentioned but don't see anything like that.  Are all or most Whirlpool motors attached like that?  Can I look for something else?  I am reduced to writing a bad haiku:

SDU 3000

Dishwasher will pump no more

Sobs of rank despair     :flush: