Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
boatbuild567

KitchenAid Oven heating problem

7 posts in this topic

My KitchenAid Range (model #KEDC205YWHO) oven heats very slowly.  Eventually reaches temperature (if not set too high).  I measured the voltage at the main coil while heating and read only 120v.  Looking at the same terminals with an occiliscope (sp?) I only see what appears to be a half chopped wave.  Is it possible that the triac has failed and is it replacable?  Or should i just get and replace the control module (seems to be about $200)?

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Have you checked the voltage to the oven to see if you have 240 volts to the range from the breaker box??  Or  for bad connections at the terminal block on the unit???

Thanks, yep checked that first.  Also the rangetop operates correctly.

Hummmm back to the drawing board.  Do you have or do you need the tech sheet for this unit??

I do not have any paper on this unit.  Is a schematic for the control board available?  What i am thinking is that the coil is switched on using a triac and that the triac has failed in such a way that only half the cycles are applied to the coil (looking like 120v to my dvm) possible? If so and i can identify/get a replacement triac i could desolder the one on the board and replace.

I have exactly the same stove, and the same problem (it appears)! This "just happened" about a month ago ...  broiler element only getting 118V.

If you'd like to discuss off-line ... you can e-mail me at jeparker49@aol.com .... I'd appreciate any suggestions or recommendations ... short of shelling out $200 for a new control panel!!!