Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
shadango

Icemaker water inlet freezing shut

5 posts in this topic

Hello all....

I have a Roper side-by-side refrigerator.....I am having a problem with the icemaker.....over the period of about a week, the water inlet pipe in the freezer clogs solid with ice.......I remove the pipe and clean it out and we have ice again for a week, only to have the thing freeze closed and stop making ice again.

The only thing I can think of with my limited appliance knowlegde is that maybe the water valve is hanging open just enough to dribble water into the tube where it freezes and forms the icejam....Does this sound reasonable?  The fridge is about 8 years old....

Thanks in advance for the help!

Shadango

*****Update ......I just read the Ten Commandments and realizedt hat I have broken the biggest one.....I didnt post a model number.....I will have to get that info when I get home and post that...sorry!   Please don't  behead me with that huge Samurai sword!  :yikes:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

sounds like you're on the right track with your dribbling thoughts

(dribbling thoughts ):P      cute.......

Ok...the model number is :

RS22AWXAW00

The connection uses one of those self piercing saddle valves which are said to be easily clogged....I gave that a couple of ins and outs last night.....I may replace that with a proper fitting first and see what happens..the icemaker is still cranking out ice at this point.....

;)