Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

[New Feature] Marking Solutions

Son of Samurai

• Team Samurai

We've just rolled out a new and improved feature for Appliantology: marking solutions in topics.

You may have noticed little checkmarks next to some of the topics in the Appliance Repair Tech Help forum:

Screen Shot 2022-11-26 at 3.33.43 PM.png

Those show topics where the original poster has marked a post as the solution to the thread

If you've started a topic asking a question in the Tech Help forum, you'll see a button like the one circled below in each reply. You'll also see a reminder at the top of the topic reminding you that you can mark any of the replies as the solution, and you may also receive an email to the same effect, depending on your notification preferences.

40584142_ScreenShot2022-11-26at3_32_27PM.png

If you click that button, you're marking that reply as the one containing the solution to your problem. This is a great way to provide closure to a repair topic, make it easier for others to find the solution when reading the topic, and properly recognize the tech who answered your question.

Once you've marked a reply as the solution, it'll look like this:

Screen Shot 2022-11-26 at 3.34.34 PM.png

And that's all there is to it -- a simple, easy-to-use, and powerful feature of Appliantology. Be sure to make use of it when asking questions in the Appliance Repair Tech Help forum so that we can all learn from each other's experiences!

• Like 6

Love it! I've been sorely missing the "Mark as repaired" feature, but I understand that that was a third-party addon that was no longer maintained, so this is a great replacement!

Thank you guys!

• Like 5

• 5 months later...

This may be wishful thinking, but is it possible to have a solutions page?

Can we look up "solutions" to browse those posts?

I know it may be a large ask but ask I must.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Team Samurai
On 5/20/2023 at 11:42 AM, TGRAppliancerepair said:

Good suggestion! I'm not sure if the software can filter topics that way. @Son of Samurai do you know?

• Team Samurai
On 5/20/2023 at 11:42 AM, TGRAppliancerepair said:

Can we look up "solutions" to browse those posts?

I know it may be a large ask but ask I must.

It's not a separate page, but there's a way to filter the topics in a forum so it just shows solved topics. Just click "Filter By" above the topic listing, then "Solved Topics".

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 9.56.17 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1