LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

woc95ec0as03 Temp Way Off

mike arvada

mike arvada

I am having problems with the oven temp being off and it gets worse the higher the temperature.  For all temperature readings in this post, I used a multimeter that has a temperature attachment.  A week ago, when set to 400 it reached 400 then faded back to 250 and never recoved.  Today, I had more time to test and at 300 it is off 40 degrees, at 400 it is off 100 degrees.  At 300 it came all the way to 300, then settled in at 265.  It never made it to 400 degrees, got to 365 and settled at 300.  I tested the temp sensor at room temperature 68 and the resistance was 1076 ohms.  I then tested at 355 degrees in another oven and resistance  was 1665, and at 460 it was 1860 ohms so the sensor appears to be ok??  I checked the baking element for continuity and it was fine and the resistance was 22ohm.  I'm thinking control board, does that make sense?  Is there any way to test it before spending $300+ on it?  Is there any other piece of the puzzle?

Thanks, Mike..

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike arvada

mike arvada

Did more testing today.  Set oven at 400 degrees, only reached 345 degrees, let it cycle a few times, unplugged the probe and it tested at 1751 ohms.  Going to order a new sensor.

mike arvada

Replaced the temp sensor and same results.  The oven preheats to the proper temperature, but does not hold that temperature.  At 400 degrees, it will hold the temperature about 335.   Which of the two control boards do I replace as the parts diagram shows 2?  Any other ideas?

Mike...