LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

LG Fridge: LFXC24726S/03 Ice Box Issue

amappliancewi@gmail.com
Go to solution Solved by amappliancewi@gmail.com,

amappliancewi@gmail.com

LG Refrigerator, french door, Model #  LFXC24726S/03. Serial #:  702KRUC2B878. Manufactured in 2017.  

This biggest problem was that water came out of the door dispenser without stopping. I replaced the inlet water valve and dispenser microswitch. Now that issue is resolved. The issue that is unresolved and was occurring prior to this water dispenser issue, was water freezing in the ice box room bringing water down onto the kitchen floor. It is important to mention for what happens later that the ice maker appeared to produce ice normally. I replaced the ice maker because of some build up of mineral deposits and to rule out if the ice maker was calling for water unnecessarily. When I went to replace the ice maker, the entire rear side of the ice box room casing and ice maker was covered in thick ice. This  included the wiring and wiring connectors to the auger motor and most of the inlet wiring connector to the ice maker from the main board. I carefully thawed the ice and replaced the ice maker. 

After 24 hours, no ice was produced. The ice maker was put into a test cycle and it when through the cycle concluded by filling with water. 24 hours passed and the ice maker did not harvest the ice BUT the water in the ice maker is frozen. The test cycle was simulated again the next day with the same results. The cubes that were harvested were ⅓ the normal size but I attribute that to the water valve being replaced and some possible air in the water line. I still need to confirm that it is not just 32 degrees but 10 degrees to engage the ice maker. Lastly, after the initial 24 hours of the ice maker replacement, there were maybe a half dozen drops of water collecting on the hinge of the ice room door and in the ice room door gasket as well. I will confirm that when the water dispenses into the ice maker there is no spillage.

I plan to do a temperature check in the ice room to see that it is near 10-15 degrees. I tentatively plan to reinstall the original ice maker to see if the original produces ice as it did before. While I am doing this, I will see if there is ice build up starting behind the casing/molding. And I will confirm that the water is not spilling outside of the ice maker when a test is simulated.

Has anyone heard of this model or others similar to it having poor insulation in the door that is causing the icing buildup in the ice box room? That would point to lower temps in the room.

I appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

Adam

Check the fill tube for mineral build up. Then observe the water leaving the fill tube during the fill process to see if there is any splash over or leakage from the tube. Check for ice build on the side of the door at the 2 gasket for air flow into and out of the ice room. Check for frost build up on the back wall inside the freezer compartment.

• Like 1

• Solution
amappliancewi@gmail.com

I found that the ice room area was about 12 degrees. There was no frost build up behind the ice maker and no spillage when the ice maker filled. I cleaned the fill tube of mineral deposits. I replaced the new one with the original and the original one is working well so far.