Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
txtax1122

Asko W600 Washer

45 posts in this topic

[user=16462]auntbeatch[/user] wrote:

I was hoping that someone might have a service tech's manual for the w600.... 

Samurai,

This site, and your service are absolutely smokin'.  I don't have the subtlety to express my enthusiasm in any other language than peasant's English.

Repair calls in my area mean several hundred dollars minimum, and I have no relationships or recommendations so it would be a gamble.  Because my laundry space (6th floor condo) is 26-1/2" wide, my replacement options are very limited.  Wanting to avoid top-loading stacked units for efficiency, aesthetic, quality, and resale reasons, I was looking at a $2000 investment in a miele or a bosch or something.

If the replacement brushes solve the problem, this site has saved me $1930.  My gal says we should go out to dinner, but I told her we'll have to do some wash first.

Nick

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

[user=1]Samurai Appliance Repair Man[/user] wrote:

RepairClinic does carry the brushes; you can get 'em ratcheer. Though, if that's a picture of your current brushes, they don't look very worn.

Maybe you should take a second look at that picture of bad brushes. They are for sure bad, they only stick out at most maybe 1/4" to 1/2", the new ones stick out like 1" to 1 1/2" when new. And as "Auntbeatch" said, look at the internal button that has popped thru the front of the brush!!!!

Even if the motor still worked with that little brushes left, I would already be looking for spares.

I know the brushes are supposed to be longer than what's what's shown, but I what I couldn't tell was how much was left in the holster.  The button was a giveaway, though-- I was just seeing who was paying attention.  Good work, both of you!  :argh:

New brushes came from RepairClinic this morning, and I've installed them.  Probably can't test until I finish the work I'm doing in the tiny closet where the washer & drier squeeze in.  Comparison pic below.

post-16462-129045096201_thumb.jpg

[user=1]Samurai Appliance Repair Man[/user] wrote:

what I couldn't tell was how much was left in the holster.

LOL, :P as the brushes had been liberated from the depressing presence of the commutator, what was sticking out was all that the spring could push out... of course if the spring had gone flat, there could have been a considerable length inside the holster still...

Ahh, but aren't we ASSuming an awful bit much from his pic, Master Keino?  For example, the pic only showed the front half of the brushes.  Wasn't it reasonable for me to ASSume that he had sawed off the back half and was holding the rest of the brush back? 

Yeah, uh huh, BOOYAH!  Who's y'daddy?  : bandanna: :rocker:

No?  Oh, what the hell, it was worth a shot.  :runover:

Doh, ya got me.

Thanks, guys! This happened to my ten year old (eleven?) Asko W620 - new brushes worked like a charm, mine looked exactly like photos I found on this site. One issue was the left motor bolt and nut were frozen or something. A quick trip to the hardware store for a large/long handled socket wrench to rip that sucker loose - the satisfaction was worth the extra expense. Also, keeping the motor at the right location while tightening the nut required a short stack of books under the motor.

[user=57301]dmp614[/user] wrote:

... So I need to order 2 of these ...

or a reasonable facsimile thereof ... :)

are those the correct Brushes ?

do you have the Ceset Motor or the FHP Motor ?

let me know

pagefrom2w620.jpg

Uh... Made a bad assumption based on previous posts that there was only one possible brush. How do I determine which motor I have?

[user=57301]dmp614[/user] wrote:

How do I determine which motor I have?

I don't know which Model / Years uses which Motor.

It should have a Name Sticker on the Motor

Thank you!

I actually just removed the front panel of the washer (far easier than expected) so I could actually see the brushes. Clearly Ceset upon inspection. Phew!

you could buy then from some place in Australia for $ 80 /set, but they don't ship to the U.S.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140359576980

OR you could buy them ftom some place in the U.K. for $ 20 /set shipped to the U.S.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220675226708

compare the pictures / descriptions ..  :)

If we saved you Beer $$ today,

please make a donation to our beer fund

by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. 

http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

Samanera,

If you are still around listen to this: In 2006 I posted procedures for replacing the wheel drums and belt in my Asko T700 dryer. You used those instructions and thanked me in the thread. A couple of days ago I was reading the forums to diagnose a problem with my W620 washer which likely needs new brushes, and who's thread do I come across? Yours of course. In which you mentioned that you used the T700 instructions which lead me to write this post. Weird, huh? Happy new year!

Scuba

Whoops! That last post was supposed to be addressed to tx tax1122.

I need a copy of the repair manual for an Asko W620.   Last time brushes were replaced by a overprice repairman.  I snagged a bag the brush came in for the part number, but would like to know how to take the washer apart without breaking things.

Seems Asko has timed repairs of their appliances to be needed every other year.  Last year was dryer.

Thank you for posting the link again. This time I will print a copy.

Edited by topless