Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

"new" forum software

RegUS_PatOff

hhmm .. what's with the "width"

a lot of wasted space on the sides, makes the messages use taller space ..

Is there a "View Today's (this week's) Content" ?

message Reply Button .. is only way at top ..

:verymad: Dang, and I was just gettin' used to the last change !! - from what I am seeing, all of the features I used are non existent here, hope you will consider changing it back

• Team Samurai

Thanks for your feedback!

All the features are there and there's a bunch of new ones, too. Which features in particular are you missing, kdog?

Reg: yeah, no reply button, I'll have to add that myself like I did on the previous version. There's also the reply box just below the last post in a topic.

I played around with this new version and the more I played with it, the more I came to like it. I know it looks different, but give it a chance. Take a few minutes and look around, especially at the subtle little symbols. Mouse over them. Mouse over everything! Lots of cool tricks! I'll post some screen shots later today that'll show some of these.

... Is there a "View Today's (this week's) Content" ?

also, my "original" signature line had (2) links to YouTube ... (bugs bunny and Easter Seals video)

"new" software converted both link "text" looked the same but when "clicked"

went to the appropriate video...

When I tried "fixing" the text / link ..

It automatically adds the "media" tags instead of the "url" tags

It then displayed each YouTube (large) "media" pictures

I left one displayed in my "signature"

also, there's no "on-line" indicator next to each avatar

(have to mouse-roll)

Edited by RegUS_PatOff

• Team Samurai

Yes, there is indeed a view new content link and it's way better than the old one- more options like view unread-only or all and more. I'm on my iPhone now (the mobile theme is vastly improved!) but will post a screen shot showing you where it is.

I'll look into the signature thing when I get back, too. Can you post a screen shot showing what happens when you try to edit it?

Font sizes and colors are ridiculous !!

No way to check Todays active content

Cannot check other users status to see iwhat they are viewing

Very difficult to tell which topis have new posts

Bottom Line - It Sucks!!

Hadn't even learned all of the functions of the other

Was it Broke?? Why fix it ??

Thanks - the Screencasts are very helpful indeed, please post those more often

Another issue I have is when reading posts, it always starts at the beginning of the thread whereas it used to fastforward to where I had last looked at it

Thanks - the Screencasts are very helpful indeed, please post those more often

Another issue I have is when reading posts, it always starts at the beginning of the thread whereas it used to fastforward to where I had last looked at it

I agree, but Samurai, we don't necessarily want to see the first post NOR the last post,

but rather, the first message that we haven't read (in that thread)

Yes, agreed - sometimes there are several comments posted between the last time it was viewed and the last post that was made. I had become accustomed to having it display where i had left off - even days later

Also, do I need to change some margins etc to have it come out as I printed it when adding part links? see this post for example: http://appliantology.org/topic/33470-maytag-neptun-mdg3000aww/page__pid__206935#entry206935

• Team Samurai

I agree, but Samurai, we don't necessarily want to see the first post NOR the last post,

but rather, the first message that we haven't read (in that thread)

Please watch my video reply ==> http://screencast.com/t/fqD3Drr39

• Like 1

You used to have, at the top of each page in your signature the link "for manuals and other goodies become an apprentice" - and when I wanted to us that in my post, I could simply scroll to the top of the page and copy/paste it into my post - now I am unable to find the link to copy :( such as what Reg has here: http://appliantology...965#entry206965

The Emoticons are kind of a hassle to use(slow)

My Favorite fonts are N.L.A. (Century Gothic and Frank Gothic Medium)

I Kinda feel like I'm watching a B/W version of Halloween III when scrolling the topics - trying to Follow the Black Pumpkin in the right column, the "preview topic" is kinda useless anyhow (at least I never use it), but find the bouncing ball very annoying

I must kinda rescind my past comment that "it sucks", knowing more about it it seems OK - Just probably wasn't what I had expected at the time, and find many things like that - you just get to know it, and ditch it for something "new". (such as pc operating programs) - I am the kind that would rather get used to something and just keep using that.

60 more days til Halloween, Halloweeen, Halloween - Silver Shamrock !

Now instead of "voting up" a post, you are checking "Like" the post, I always associate that with Fakebook (which I avoid as muck as possible)

• Team Samurai

Great comments and suggestions, kdog! I'll make some more screencasts and post em this evening. :beatnik:

• Like 1