Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
gshuster

Keurig B60 Special Edition coffee maker plugs on descaling

2 posts in this topic

Every time I try to descale my Keurig B60 with vinegar it plugs as soon as the vinegar solution enters the machine.  Only a third of a cup actually makes it through the machine, then nothing.

I will leave it for 4 hours as recommended in the owners manual with whatever vinegar is in the machine to dissolve some of the hard water scaling, and then I have to bang, shake, turn upside down and whack it to get water going thorough it again.

So is there some advice on how to descale this machine?  I do have hard water, so once every couple of weeks would probably be required, but it takes hours to get it "unplugged" and working again and it is a real pain.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Have you tried using undiluted vinegar? No need to purchase the Keurig descaling solution as shown in the video, but others have had success using a tank full of inexpensive undiluted vinegar .

then follow the video, paying close attention to the end which addresses your problem

Let me know how it works... I haven't descaled my keurig since I purchased it...