Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

GE Refrigerator running warm. CWE23SP2MS1

Borisw37

Model #: CWE23SP2MIS1 or CWE23SP2MS1 depending which label you read.
It has been in service for less than 6 months.
Issue is that the top chamber (the fridge) is well above the set point temperature.
With a 34F setpoint, the fridge is usually at 44F, and sometimes up to 50F.
Measured using multiple different temperature sensors. Including a NIST traceable sensor. Probe submerged in 16oz of water to even out the readings.
Door indicator always reads "Actual: 34F". Even if the fridge is left open for 10min, it will still read "Actual: 34F". Even if I use a hair dryer to blow on the sensor in the fridge, it still doesn't change from "34".
The only time the door reading changes from "34F" is if I power cycle the fridge, and then it will show 43, 44.. or whatever the actual temperature in the fridge is at that time.
GE Techs have replaced the main board / computer and at least one temperature sensor next to the evap coil.
They've used the debug tool to verify that all fans and motors run.
The freezer is working correctly.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you,

Boris.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Borisw37

• Nathaniel Peterson

• Josh Smith

• FoCo

20 hours ago, Josh Smith said:

if its only 6 months old keep hounding GE till they fix it

I'm certainly pursuing that path, but dealing with GE has been tough to say the least.

4 Tech visits and about 4 tech no-shows. Problem is still not fixed. Techs just replace parts w/out actually trying to diagnose the problem. Not a single one of them has bothered to actually measure the temperature in the fridge.

In fact, the 1st one, plugged in the debug tool into the fridge, read that everything was showing up "ok" and told me that I'm crazy with all these temperature sensors.... Then refused to show up when I said the problem was still there.

On 9/1/2023 at 9:16 PM, Borisw37 said:

I'm certainly pursuing that path, but dealing with GE has been tough to say the least.

4 Tech visits and about 4 tech no-shows. Problem is still not fixed. Techs just replace parts w/out actually trying to diagnose the problem. Not a single one of them has bothered to actually measure the temperature in the fridge.

In fact, the 1st one, plugged in the debug tool into the fridge, read that everything was showing up "ok" and told me that I'm crazy with all these temperature sensors.... Then refused to show up when I said the problem was still there.

You need to call g.e. unfortunately since it's under warranty and demand a new refrigerator or tell them to send someone out to fix it. If you mess with it they can void the warranty. They should give you a new fridge IMO. With the new modern appliances it's best if you have the room to get a backup refrigerator.

• 11 months later...

Borisw37 - I have a similar model operating the same way yours did. I’m curious if you found a resolution outside of contacting the manufacturer?