Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Whirlpool Gold Ref.

Tarheel Technician

Hello.

Went to check a whirlpool ref. model: GD25HAXMQ00 that the customer has only had a few days. Was bought new, but the manufacturing date of this ref. was in 2003. On normal settings, freezer temp is about 5 degrees, and the refrigerator temp is about 44 degrees.

Things I've checked:

1.) Put it in diagnostic mode and it says thermistor is fine. I manually checked the resistance and it checked fine also.

2.) Checked evaporator coils to make sure all were frosted. Everything looked fine.

3.) Checked the damper between the freezer and refrigerator to make sure it was opening and closing as it should. It looked fine.

4.) Checked to make sure evap. and cond. fans were working. They were.

I put the "freezer control" to "0" to allow all the cold air possible to the refrigerator. I left it like that and am going back in the morning to see what the temperatures are.

Was wondering if there might be a service pointer or something related to this particular model refrigerator. Just by feeling the air coming into the refrigerator, it just seems like there's not quite enough coming in, but that's just going on feel itself.

Thanks for any info.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, went back the next day, everything seemed fine. I'm not certain, but I think the problem was there was something in the freezer that was not allowing the door to close all the way. Not sure how I missed that the first time, but anyway..........everything seems fine now. Another case of a technician in too big a hurry, I guess.

• Team Samurai

[user=161]Tarheel Technician[/user] wrote:

I'm not certain, but I think the problem was there was something in the freezer that was not allowing the door to close all the way. Not sure how I missed that the first time,

Sheeeit, you kiddin'! These can be hardest things to catch. Could've even been something on top of the freezer interfering with the door.

Archived