Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kenmore Range Model 665.92014102

greyarcher

Trying to figure out how to remove this circuit board so that I can put the new one in.  There are no mounting screws.

A similar Whirlpool model manual posted on the X-drive says to slide it to the left.  This did not work on this board.

The board is held by what look like little hooks that pass through holes on the board.  But these hooks won't move.

I've attached a couple of pictures which might help identify more the model I'm dealing with.

I've got to get it going soon so DW can bake for the Xmas bazaar or we both might get excommunicated!

Thanks for your help!

post-14498-129045093848_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a good picture, but I don't have a better one either... There are several tabs, or "hooks," that pass through the board and then are bent slightly to hold it in place. Straighten all of aforementioned tabs to align with slots. Then there is one large tab to prevent the whole board from sliding. Depress this tab to slide board and wiggle remaining tabs through slots...

Thanks Chat_In_RI that did the trick.  I had thought about doing that, but I didn't figure that anyone would design something that entailed bending and rebending pieces to remove/re-install parts.

Thanks greatly for your help!

Archived