Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 03 August 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, August 3 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Speed Queen dryer, Model # ADG4BRGS116TW01 , not heating. Thermal fuse location.

soulweeper
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

yep , you got it  !     BUT , i just have to say this is why you don't need to assume what is wrong , this could have been a real mess because of a cracked knob.    

soulweeper
5 hours ago, evaappliance said:

yep , you got it  !     BUT , i just have to say this is why you don't need to assume what is wrong , this could have been a real mess because of a cracked knob.    

Agreed. Thanks for your help!

• Solution
8 hours ago, evaappliance said:

Agreed; I was pretty sure there was a misundertstanding of what the problem actually was.  So I'd guess the cyclying of flame was because the timer was likely in the auto sensing dry mode, or perhaps the cool down mode.

soulweeper
1 hour ago, Dr. Horshenschwartz said:

Agreed; I was pretty sure there was a misundertstanding of what the problem actually was.  So I'd guess the cyclying of flame was because the timer was likely in the auto sensing dry mode, or perhaps the cool down mode.

Yep.....it was all over the place. My wife was moving the dial, and it buzzed and shut off, in what looked like the middle of the regular time cycle. That's when we started playing with it..

On 2/10/2024 at 7:03 PM, evaappliance said:

lol !

I got marked as the solution when clearly I wasn't. Sorry. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Horshenschwartz said:

I got marked as the solution when clearly I wasn't. Sorry. 

I just thought it was kinda funny 😁 

19 hours ago, evaappliance said:

I just thought it was kinda funny 😁 

If you have some pull around here please have them change it. 

I have not been able to grab the pebble yet

no worries !!  you are right about not knowing the problem , he just wanted to know how to bypass a thermal ,   if he had told us what was going on to begin with ,it would have went smoother .  people have no idea how many things can cause a no heat condition ,  just because your thermal was bad on your last dryer doesn't mean that's what is wrong now . then there is all the u tube videos that most of the time doesn't apply to the machine they are working on .  it it getting hard to help diy er's because of all the gibberish they read before they ask us

On 2/8/2024 at 11:41 PM, Dr. Horshenschwartz said:

sure there was a misundertstanding of what the problem actually was

Keep in mind that timer is designed to only turn clockwise, so if someone is using excess force to turn it counter-clockwise that can crack the knob (and is really the only reason I've ever seen it crack), not to mention potentially damaging the timer. By the way, all the knobs are the same so you can temporally just swap it with one you don't use that often, like the signal control. 

Edited by citizenX
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, citizenX said:

Keep in mind that timer is designed to only turn clockwise, so if someone is using excess force to turn it counter-clockwise that can crack the knob (and is really the only reason I've ever seen it crack), not to mention potentially damaging the timer. By the way, all the knobs are the same so you can temporally just swap it with one you don't use that often, like the signal control. 

I need you to talk to my wife about this and cleaning the lint screen. 

8 minutes ago, Dr. Horshenschwartz said:

I need you to talk to my wife about this and cleaning the lint screen. 

Been fighting that battle with customers for 35 years. Let me know when you figure it out! 🤣

• Haha 1