Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 06 July 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, July 6 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Request the latest Samsung icemaker service bulletin for a 2019 refrigerator: RF28R7351SG/AA

Manufacturer: Samsung
Type of Appliance: French door refrigerator
Model Number: RF28R7351SG/AA
Have you validated the model number at an online parts site like Repair Clinic? (yes or no): Yes
Have you watched the video on how to search for manuals and have you searched the Downloads section prior to posting this request? (yes or no): Yes

I've seen the older versions of Samsung / asurion service bulletins for the in-door Samsung ice makers.  The 2019 assurion Samsung bulletin is 5 years out of date and does not cover this model and only applies to models manufactured between 2014 and 2018.

The problem is: I've already done all of the steps in the previous service bulletins and this customer is still having frost and ice buildup stopping ice making in his ice maker/ice room. None of the service bulletins I have seen recommend repairing / installing anything other than the usual: defrost y-clips, improved auger drain tube, sealing the ice room, adjusting the water line position in the fill tube, defrosting the ice maker drain, checking for air leaks around the bucket seal, checking for air leaks at the dispenser door and between the bucket and the dispenser opening gasket.   I'm guessing that installing the latest version of the ice maker: D will improve defrosting because he has version B of the Icemaker.  I don't see a newer version of the control board listed for this model.

I know that Samsung frequently updates and replaces service bulletins multiple times before they come to a working solution for their design problems.  Does anyone have access to the latest service bulletins for Samsung ice makers?  I would be very interested in reading the bulletin that specifically applies to this model from Samsung, as well as the latest bulletins for other models since the only ones I have access to are at least 5 years old, and most likely have been replaced by newer different bulletins for the same issue. 

Thank you in advance,

Ananda

Reliable Home Appliance Repair

303-596-6695

123_1(11).jpeg

c71ae92f-9779-48ea-9006-3fd647e9b625.jpg

b63400bc-579a-4cef-81aa-b4539d137c7a-2.jpg

Edited by Ananda
Clarifying my request

• Team Samurai

These are the most recent bulletins relating to ice maker issues that I see for this model:

• Like 1

Thank you

SAMSUNG Refrigeration Service Tip - Ice Making Issues, Direct Cool Ice Maker

is a new one I haven't seen with lots of useful information in it about the theory of operation of these ice makers and the control board and the auger including various sensors and parameters for how it operates how to test everything.

• Like 1