Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 11 May 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers.
      As part of this workshop, we'll talk through a couple of case studies troubleshooting computer-controlled appliances. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, May 11 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kenmore Range 911.4658711 Replacement Bake Element

lilbb

We replaced the bake element (WB44K5012) about 8.5 years ago with what was advertised as an OEM GE part. That replacement has just recently died and it needs replacing again. The GE part is now $35 more at around $55, plus $11.50 shipping for about $66.50 total. I found an aftermarket part that appears to be made by WEN for around $28, no shipping charge as I can get it shipped to a local store for free. Considering the GE element died after only 8.5 years (original by Roper lasted 28 years), is there any point in spending all that money on another GE part? Would there be any issues with using the aftermarket part? I generally try to use OEM, but if it's only going to last 8.5 years with not that much use, I don't know that it's worth it. The original element got heavy usage.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• evaappliance

• lilbb

Top Posters In This Topic

In my experience Oven elements is one of the things that the aftermarket is as good or better than oem , just don’t expect either to last over 3 or so years,    Higher prices, lower quality .   

On 4/17/2024 at 11:38 PM, lilbb said:

only 8.5 years

lol !  That is like a miracle nowdays