Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Maytag MVWX655DW1 - Wash plate spinning too much, causing issues with cycle.

randomguy76385
Go to solution Solved by evaappliance,

randomguy76385

Hello,

A few months ago, the wash plate kept slipping when the drum was attempting to spin in a direction. I had a tech come out and for $250, he replaced the... I don't know the part but it is a gear in the middle that the wash plate connects to. The tech showed me and the teeth had been worn down so much it wasn't catching on the wash plate anymore.

So he replaced that part, and I actually replaced the wash plate so That had refined teeth as well.

All has been working fine... up until a few days ago.

All the sudden the plate is spinning too much, and I'm worried about clothes getting jacked up because of it.

I removed the wash plate and all of the teeth look fine. I don't see any reason why the plate is spinning as much as it does. It never used to before.

When putting the wash plate back on, it seems like it connects just fine. It feels like it slides onto the teeth of the center gear without issue. It just... keeps sliding like this. I'm not really sure why.

I have a feeling it's something underneath, I just don't know what. Or how difficult it is to replace.

Here is the wash plate taken apart: https://imgur.com/xgxYJtK

Here is the wash plate in action, with the issue I'm experiencing (again, this never used to happen): https://imgur.com/2QBrhYh

As far as I can tell, it is also turning the gear as well. It doesn't seem to be slipping on the shaft.

Is there anything that I could potentially replace myself to fix this? Or is it something I don't necessarily need to worry about?

I don't want to have another tech come out to try and fix something that may be another $250 or more when I can buy a refurbished washer for like, $400 at this rate...

Thank you for your time.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• randomguy76385

• evaappliance

• Solution

W10528947 

any more than this part may not be worth it 

randomguy76385
On 5/7/2024 at 9:05 PM, evaappliance said:

W10528947 

any more than this part may not be worth it 

Thank you! I ordered this part to see if I can get it working. I receive it today supposedly. I need to do a little more troubleshooting too, as when I attempted to wash a load of laundry this morning, it started up just fine, but then water stopped coming in. It was trickling in. I'm wondering if the host hooking up to the washer is clogged... Need to investigate that part more now... lol.

Hopefully it's not too bad.