Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Speed Queen washer

Jamesj

I have a speed queen that will not spin up to speed. There seems to be resistance and soon flips the breaker.

Need more information. Front loader? Top loader? What's the model number and how old is it?

Does it make a loud roaring noise like a jet taking off that gets louder as it ramps up speed? 

Sorry for the late reply. It's a top load and it makes a roaring sound. It over amps and kicks a 15 amp breaker 

I bought it used. Where do I find the model number 

If it is making a loud roaring noise in spin ,but agitates normally, you have a serious problem 

• Like 1

Model and serial is under lid.  First two numbers on the serial is the year it was made

Should be on a sticker under the lid. If it's roaring and drawing too much current as it spins but works otherwise, sounds like a bad upper (and possibly lower) spin bearing. This usually happens because the tub seal has failed and leaked water into the bearings. It's a pretty big repair and often turns into a nightmare (especially on older units) when the inner tub hub gets fused to the transmission shaft and the transmission gets fused with the upper bearing and nothing wants to come apart. Even if it does come apart without too much trouble, you'll still have at least a couple hundred in parts and a whole LOT of labor. Might just want to drop back and punt on this one unless you want to tear into it and feel like cussing a lot. 😉

Edited by citizenX
  • Like 1

Cool!! I bought it knowing it was not spinning. There's always a risk buying used