Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

KitchenAid KUID308ESS2 ice maker

Soobs

Hey folks,

Brand new to the forums.  I have a KUID308ESS2 standalone ice maker that's having trouble.  About a month ago ice production became weak.  The cubes are very thin and even though it runs nonstop the cubes are too thin to ever fill the bin.  After doing some online searching it appears the water inlet valve is often the culprit and if not that it possibly the recirculation pump which has an internal water level sensor that could be going bad.  Previously, I never bothered to notice the water flow into the reservoir, but it seems to be a very low gentle flow.  I'm not sure if that's normal or if there's a restriction issue.

I decided to replace the quarter turn shutoff valve that the unit connects to as it was difficult to shutoff from mineral buildup and I figured that'd be the easiest and cheapest place to start.  I replaced it, but the flow is still low by the time it's going to the reservoir.  I ordered a new water inlet valve, but I'm not seeing online there is a diagnostic mode that may help me pinpoint the issue?  I'm not sure where I can find the service manual for this feature and curious if there's info here?

I always change the filter with an OEM replacement when the light comes on and run a clean cycle with Affresh when that light illuminates.  Additionally I routinely vacuum out the the condenser and surrounding area.  I did also check flow with the filter removed and there's no change; however, I don't know if the current flow is normal.  I can follow-up with a video of it flowing if that would help?  This unit was purchased new in 2018 and so far the only thing I've had to replace is the thermistor (about a year ago).

thanks for any tips or help

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soobs

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic