Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Cleaning drain line of GE Refrigerator GTH21KCWBB

BarryE
Go to solution Solved by Budget Appliance Repair,

GE Refrigerator GTH21KCWBB

I have water leaking from the bottom of the refrigerator and I'm pretty sure it's because the drain line from the freezer is clogged. I opened up the freezer and I put a snake down the drain line but it gets stuck, and there's a lot of dirt when I pull the snake back out. So I open up the bottom fridge door and in the picture you can see parts 1 and 2. (The picture is the refrigerator part and not the freezer.) I can somewhat dislodge the bottom of part 1, but not the whole thing; it gets stuck at the top. Where the red arrow is pointing I can put my finger in there and I feel the water being flooded. Are these two parts removeable? If so, how?

refrigerator.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BarryE

• Budget Appliance Repair

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Upper part#2 should have two screws holding it to the refrigerator ceiling, one in front and one in back at center of control console in deep recess holes.

Lower part#1 the blue plugs/cap at top and bottom of center rail for shelves come out and there is a screw under each of these that hold the center rail and the complete air tower on.

GE_Refrig_Parts.jpg

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair

3 hours ago, Budget Appliance Repair said:

Upper part#2 should have two screws holding it to the refrigerator ceiling, one in front and one in back at center of control console in deep recess holes.

Lower part#1 the blue plugs/cap at top and bottom of center rail for shelves come out and there is a screw under each of these that hold the center rail and the complete air tower on.

GE_Refrig_Parts.jpg

As you can see from my picture the bottom part of part 1 is loose. The place where part 1 and part 2 meet is where it gets stuck and it won't budge. I popped off the blue tabs but the screws are unreachable until I remove part 1, as you can see in the pic.

refrigerator2.jpg

• Solution

@BarryE That part with the little plastic bar in front of the screw also snaps out before you can get access to the screw on the top part of the rail.

Don't know why they have the second hidden plastic part in there but it is shown on the diagram Ref#126 behind Ref#127 trim cover that is also on bottom.

Thanks that did it! I had to clean a lot of black muck out and the drain is clear now.