Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Brand New Midea Refrigerator Not Cooling

Scoobah

Hello guys!! I bought a brand new Midea refrigerator from Lowes. Company voided my warranty because it is in my garage, even though it says garage ready on the description. The refrigerator is not cooling but the freezer is working correctly. Compressor comes on also. I have 2 lights blinking. The manual says it’s a temperature sensor fault. I have replaced the temperature sensor myself. Also, the fan in the freezer was not working also so I replaced that. The new fan is not running either. Is this a motherboard problem? Super frustrating

• 2 weeks later...
Troubleshooter197153

Give me a model n ur code of light flashing n I’ll look u up some technical tips n try to help u with refrigerator 

Voided warranty because its in the garage lol

id buy another one and pack this one back in the box and return it doa 

play the game 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Troubleshooter197153 said:

Give me a model n ur code of light flashing n I’ll look u up some technical tips n try to help u with refrigerator 

It is a Midea MRT18D3BST. THE “Coldest” and “Super Cool” lights are blinking in sync with each other. The manual say a temp probe fault. I changed the probe and still not working. Fan in the freezer was not working so I replaced that too. Still not working 

9 hours ago, Scoobah said:

Still not working

What's not working, which component?

On 8/14/2024 at 4:09 PM, Scoobah said:

Company voided my warranty because it is in my garage, even though it says garage ready on the description.

Escalate the warranty claim.

On 8/14/2024 at 6:09 PM, Scoobah said:

Midea refrigerator from Lowes. Company voided my warranty because it is in my garage, even though it says garage ready on the description

Sounds fishy to me.Lowes as a company usually is good at returns if something does not work.Now you open a can of worms trying to fix a Midea piece of junk refrigerator.

3 hours ago, vee8power said:

What's not working, which component?

The refrigerator is not cooling. The fan in the freezer is not blowing. I replaced the fan with a new one and it still doesn’t work. 

2 hours ago, Captain Dunsel said:

Sounds fishy to me.Lowes as a company usually is good at returns if something does not work.Now you open a can of worms trying to fix a Midea piece of junk refrigerator.

They have a 48 hour return policy. They were no help 

7 hours ago, Scoobah said:

They have a 48 hour return policy. They were no help 

You need to test voltage to the fan. If it's a cheap model it should have 120 ish volts going to fan. Read the fan and see what voltage it runs at compared to the new one. I've never heard of a warranty being denied because it's in the garage and besides if the freezer is working then that's proof it's not a location issue but indicates a crappy refrigerator. I would bring that thing back if you have a truck and make them take it back. Worst happens is you waste some gas.