Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

GE AEE12DTL Window air conditioner trouble code

Nikonosman1

Nikonosman1

Not sure if Window AC unit fits into this forum but here goes. Unit is about 5 years old. worked fine until a few days ago. it stopped working and had an "F4" on the digital display. I found little information on the web but what I did find seemed to point to the PCB. I ordered and replaced the board but when I re-powered the unit the same code was displayed and it's not working. Anyone have any clues as to what an F4 means or whether it's time to just throw in the towel and buy a new unit. 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikonosman1

• MrApplianceMatt

Top Posters In This Topic

I've found information that suggests it could be a bad temp sensor or a bad indoor fan motor. Much beyond that, there isn't much info out there on these.

Nikonosman1

Thank you, yes that’s the same info I’ve found. I think that is related to a split system based on the reference to inside/outside components. I replaced the main board which included new thermostat probes. At this point replacing fan becomes not only more challenging but cost prohibitive. I’m sure there’s a way to jump the fan to see if it works but I’m not comfortable with my knowledge to try that without some instructions.