Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

LG LTNC08121V/00 Production date 2019.02 at 38.5 F

svey302

Good day,

I have this secondary refrigerator use to keep beverages cold (beer, pop, perrier, etc). Recently, I have found that the cold drinks are not as cold as they should be (imho). I have unplugged the fridge over night and after being replugged for 24 hours, I am back at 38.5 at the max setting (7 in the freezer section).

Is that a sign of deterioration of performance worth fixing or should I learn to appreciate warmer beer?

Tx

Yves

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• svey302

• dfphoto

• searay

where is this located? hot garage? bad for the refrigerator.. I think you have a fan issue or a freezing or frozen drain and or defrost thermistor or a bad sensor... hard to tell 100% look for air leaks as well... not enough info...

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delays in coming back to this problem, I was away for work.

The refrigerator is not in the garage. I have check the seal around the door, every thing looks good and sealing well.

Even after being unplugged overnight the temperature did not move to the 34-36 range after a 24 hours period. The temp is at 40.7 F this morning.

Is there any test I could perform before just getting a new one? 

Tx

Yves

• 2 weeks later...

if it is 38 deg in the freezer after you manually defrosted it..  chances are the compressor is weak or you have a leak in the system... the freezer should go down to 17 below 

if the freezer is cold.. (not what i understood you said) and the fridge section is warm. with freezer on max setting...   re set to mid temp on both dials after a 24 hour door open defrost...(unplugged with the doors open)  and check.. the fridge should go down to 34 deg in just a short whiile... the freezer should get really cold.. if the freezer is cold and the fridge is not... chances are you have a faulty fan.