Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Looking for some advice on an Samsung NE59N6650SS Electric range

Leo815

The triple burner isn't going on for my Samsung NE59N6650SS.

Been going off of youtube tutorials.

Using the AstroAI Multimeter Tester 2000 Counts Digital Multimeter. I put the dial on 200 and tested the element.

The element tested good

Brown to orange 46 ohms

Brown to yellow 44 ohms

Brown to blue 62 ohms

The infinite switch has some burning on it and the red connector for it also has some browning. I did set the multimeter to the continuity dial and the audio buzzed for continuity with 000 reading on the screen(if that matters) but there's burning on it and on the red molex connector white cap.

So I am thinking it's the switch?

The element I was 100% confident I could change.(doesnÂ’t appear to be the problem though)

The element switch I'm 100% confident I could change.

The actually molex connector into the switch that I think may be above me. Looks like a lot of wires on the harness. Is this something a novice can do or am I better off hiring someone?

The clips itself looks fine. It's the plastic casing that was browning and now cracked off. Can I use with a new switch and just wrap with electric tape or shrink wrap? I'm including some photos. Would truly appreciate any help. I thank you for your time! 

IMG-4907.jpg

IMG-4905.jpg

IMG-4908.jpg

IMG-4906.jpg

IMG-4904.jpg

3-CDE9-E73-994-D-457-A-8791-86-B641-E369-C6remoteeab6226dd1cd8a0b8dcb3c037a391fd35fea01fb-1-original.jpg

Looks to me like the switch has definitely burnt inside and is your problem.

The terminal on the switch doesn't really look burnt where the wire connection slides onto it and the actual wire with connector looks in good shape - (just the plastic cover heated and broke which shouldn't be a problem just leaving it that way it is - nothing should be near it to short out).

You might want to gently squeeze the wire connector down a little being careful not to squeeze the terminal closed but just enough so it gets good tension/grip on the new switch terminal.

• Like 1