Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Best way to view manuals on iPad

Chasemra

Hey everyone, searched but couldn’t find anything covering the subject. Viewing manuals from the website on my PC is super easy and it pops up a new tab with the PDF file in chrome.

While I’m out in the field I use my iPad, the most efficient I have found to view the PDF manuals is to download it to the iPad, then email myself, then open my email and view the file!  Needless to stay downloading it to several applications on a slow cellular connection certainly can take a while

There has to be a better way, could anyone help me become a samurai of technology? How do you view files from this site in the field?

Edited by Chasemra

Well holy guacamole, turns out Safari on IPad just instantly opens the file in the current window. Sorry for answering my own post, my 11 year old daughter showed me the way 😒

• Team Samurai

Even better is to have the tech docs you need for the job-- service manual, parts manual, tech sheet, etc-- already downloaded on your iPad before you go out and open them in a PDF reader while on the job. That way you're not dependent on cell signal or wifi to open the manual and you can mark up the schematic in the annotate feature on your PDF reader. The two best readers for iPad are Goodreader and PDF Expert. Both are excellent and do great in the field. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Samurai Appliance Repair Man said:

Even better is to have the tech docs you need for the job-- service manual, parts manual, tech sheet, etc-- already downloaded on your iPad before you go out and open them in a PDF reader while on the job. That way you're not dependent on cell signal or wifi to open the manual and you can mark up the schematic in the annotate feature on your PDF reader. The two best readers for iPad are Goodreader and PDF Expert. Both are excellent and do great in the field. 

Awesome, thank you! The reader app is the missing piece of my digital tool bag