Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 28 September 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, September 28 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Speed Queen Dryer ADE3LRGS171TW01

proton

I hope you guys can help me with a Speed Queen Dryer.

I will try to keep it short.
I bought my wife a Speed Queen Washer and Dryer in 2012.
We recently needed a washer and dryer for my office and she wanted exactly what I bought her in 2012.

Used Speed Queens are hard to find but I did find her about the same washer and dryer she already has.
It took calling every used appliance store in Florida and driving all over the state to get them but I did finally find what she wanted.

Here is my problem.
The washer is in great shape but whoever had the dryer trashed it to the point that I am having to totally rebuild it.

Here is my problem.

On the temperature selector switch ( No Heat, Perm Press, etc) I found whoever had it either didn’t know what they were doing or didn’t care.

I am including a picture of the switch and it has a Blue, Orange, and Black wire that connects to it.
Whoever had it last left the Black wire connected to L1 but had taped the orange and blue wire together.
Don’t ask me why.

I know why, it stopped heating so instead of fixing it right that did this stupid trick.
Can anyone tell me which lugs the orange and blue wire connect to or a way to determine for myself?

The switch options are No Heat, Delicate, and Permanent Press so I know it is varying the temperature but could these switches just vary in their resistance?
If so I can figure it out with an Ohm meter, but I still have 4 lugs on the switch and three wires that go to it.
I am also assuming L1 is Ground.
I would appreciate any help you guys can provide.
I can’t find a wiring diagram to the dryer anywhere so I hope you guys can help.
Thanks.

Dryer Switch.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• proton

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had one final thought.
You guys know a lot more about these thing than I do.
Is it possible that the heating element has two stages where Delicate only energizes half the element and the Permanent Press engages both?
If that is how these things work I may be able to figure it out by tracing wiring and using an Ohm Meter on the new switch.

Unfortunately, I can't delete replies.

After a lot of searching I found a Speed Queen Dryer Schematic that shows the temp control.

You guys know more about this than I do but the schematic shows a 3 position Temp Switch with the Orange, Blue, and Black wires.

It looks like I found the answer.

Would you guys agree before I buy another switch and follow the schematic?

Dryer wiring digram.png