Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Older Bosch Dryer Won't Start

Matg

Hey guys I'm working on a friend's older Bosch dryer it's definitely 10 plus years old. Model WTMC5321US/06  I'm pretty inclined and have worked on Whirlpool Samsung Etc but this one is quite old and I'm just not familiar with it. Outlet is putting out 220 for sure when you turn the machine on the control board lights up correctly and when you turn the selector dial all the different selections appear to work but when you press start nothing happens at all. I suspect a faulty door switch but I just don't want to start throwing parts and money at it. I tried to put it in diagnostic mode but I was unsuccessful. I can manually spend the drum and it feels like the belt is intact because I feel resistance. Any help would be greatly appreciated hoping that someone on this forum has worked on this old of a machine!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matg

• MrApplianceMatt

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds like a thermal fuse of some type that has failed. There is a resettable thermal limiter in the Motor/Heater diagram, number 405, that might be the cause of your grief. It's definitely something I would investigate. If that happens to be open and resetting it restores function to the dryer, you then have to investigate the reason why it tripped and I would start at the vent.

Excellent! I absolutely appreciate the advice. I will try that and I also ordered a new door switch just on principle it was only 30 bucks unfortunately it's up at a vacation Cottage and I won't get up there for a few weeks but I will report back for sure