Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Maytag Neptune dryer tech bulletin

mastertech011

Hi, would appreciate tech bulletin 16026609 entitled

Maytag Dryer Electronic Control Board Tip-In Sheet Repair Part Number: 33002886 

A change was made to the electronic control board eliminating the need for an external heater relay in December 2002 (Series 61). The new control board will work for all previous electronic control boards

shows to be a 2 page PDF

Thanks!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

WAIT!!:yikes:  After blowing a board by following these instructions:burning: I took a good long look at the schematic :huh: and figured out the correct way of wiring the new board!:evil: Most of the connections are the same as the old board, however you need to throw away the instructions and do the following... Leave PU44 and WH14 disconnected. Connect PU13 from external heater relay to L1/BLK terminal on P1 relay of new board. Connect PU41 from external relay to HTR/PU on P1 relay of new board. The info in the instruction sheet will fry the new board and getting your money back will be a chore since you'll have to go through Maytag and convince them the instructions are wrong.:headbang:

Thanks Stumpowitz! I figured something was screwed in the instructions when you read on the last illustration to put WH14 to P2 and PU44 to P2, and in the pic shows two separate locations on the board, both identified as P2. Fortunately I could read the P1 in tiny print on the board in the pic. 

However this bulletin was more for FYI for me since I have a Gas dryer. The Gas and Electric 7500 touchscreen dryers use the same control board. I just need to see if there was something that pertained to GAS dryers in the bulletin.  I have a board here at the house that came out of an Electric dryer that is flame broiled on the back side at the relay area. I wonder if that was from following the guidelines in that bulletin. :yikes:

I purchased a number of parts from that fried machine off Ebay and was trying to figure out what had toasted it. The jury is still out on the cause. Unfortunately by the time UPS finished smashing stuff only a couple parts arrived worth a damn :|

• Team Samurai

Dayyam!  Thanks one for the wisdom banks.  Mucho domos, Sublime Master Stump!   :touched:

The whole thing is contradictory isnt it? It says that the new control board eliminates the need for an external heater relay, and then proceeds to tell you to reconnect the external heater relay to the new board.

Dayz sum ingenis pee-pul o-var at dat Maytag bidnez...mut be why day ben in bidnez so long........wayt a seknd eye tank da mite o went banc-rup frum all der ingenus idears

Poobah, my friend, you ok???  Something hack into your brain in the night??  :?

• 1 month later...

Well here is a new twist..... I finally picked up a couple NIB 33002886 control boards.  In the box was an instruction sheet 16022203

Title Electronic Control Board Tip-In Sheet... just like the one I requested. First page of the instructions is just the top half of the first page of the one I requested. Then there is a second english language page giving almost the exact same descriptions of the repair as stupowitz!

So they have multiple instruction sheets for the same fix and obviously one will get you in deep water.

One more tip to offer. This board is designed for use with both Gas and Electric dryers. The same board is used in the MDG9800 dryer which is companion to the Neptune topload washer. However this nice tipin sheet gives no instruction for use with a gas dryer. If you download the Maytag Sloped Front Dryer manual dont go by the MDG7500 schematic for the later board installing in the MDG7500. Just use the MDG9800 schematic and you will have it installed with no trouble.

Archived