Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Samsung Refrigerator Model #RS2533SW

dirt

We purchased the Samsung Refrigerator Model #RS2533SW about five years ago and ever since that day it the ice maker has only made about 1 tray (10 cubes) a day.  Finally after five years and buying endless bags of ice to supplement this slow making machine I have decided enough is enough and it is time to get to the bottom of the problem.

The model number on the actual ice maker is NTGT001TA.  We have verified to the best of our ability that the water line is not kinked.  Additionally we have made sure the freezer temperature is plenty low enough – the Samsung website stated 2 degrees but had no further trouble shooting tips.

Any help with trouble shooting this slow producer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know much about these machines, but here are a few pointers and where to start......

1) the valve will only put out water when the IM calls for it......so if you are only getting 10 cubes a day and they are of appropriate size, I speculate the valve is good...if it was the valve you would get small or basically no cubes as it wouldn't fill up the tray properly

2)with that being said I would probably replace the IM because it is all that is left also if you order it from repair clinic and tha doesn't fix it you can return it

3)I don't know what your IM looks like but alot of them have a removable front cover with  white plastic gears behind them....if yours looks like this check to make sure the gears are intact and no teeth are missing on the cogs

Sorry I can't be of any more help but as I said I haven't touched one of these, this will give you a starting point till someone chimes in with alittle more expertise on these than me.....good  luck......

• Team Samurai

Poobah is right on target, as usual.  Dirt, I've uploaded to the Xdrive the service manual for this refrigerator as well as a tech bulletin that specifically addresses the low ice production problem.  They're both in the "Samsung" subfolder of the "Refrigerators" folder.  The bulletin basically says to install a new icemaker! 

• 2 months later...

The service manual makes it seem that there are a lot of parts that need to be replaced to solve this problem.  Do you if everything I need comes as a kit??  If so, do you have link to this kit??

The picture shown in the link you supplied looks a lot different and far less pasts then what is shown and specified in the service bulletin.  I have attached the two different pictures

Thanks for your help - I just want to make sure I purchase the correct part to solve my problem

post-20478-129045096642_thumb.gif

here is the entire picture breakdown from Sears....the IM comes as a kit (what already has been posted ) and most everything else comes seperate with its own part #'s......does this help you out anymore?

• Team Samurai

Dirt, you can call RepairClinic and ask them to verify that the IM kit, DA97-00258c, contains the other components. Or, just order the kit and if, when it arrives, you see it doesn't have all the components, just return it for a refund.

Archived