Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Whirlpool sxs ice dispenser`

fixit guy

Model number GC1SHAXMS00

The ice dispenser works but makes a rapid clicking noise.  When the lever is pushed the noise starts and the dispenser light blinks to the sound of the noise.

I replaced the dispenser motor because when I removed it and pushed the dispenser arm it made a abnormal noise. Also someone else had already replaced the display board.  Has anyone saw this problem before?

Thanks...

This is an Amana built unit  serial # ear0801327

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Team Samurai

Dayyam, I've looked hi and low and can't find anything on this fridge.  If you have the tech sheet for it, post it here or fac it to me (775-416-4449) so we can grok upon it.

Just faxed you the tech sheet, hope your vision is better than mine. 

One question,

does the main board have  anything to do with this problem other than to supply 120v to the user inteface board?  I have 120v at the board even when the dispenser is applied. 

Thanks...

• Team Samurai

The resolution isn't fine enough to allow me to zoom in and read the lettering.  Do you have a super fine setting on your fax machine?  Or, if you have a scanner, you can scan a nice big copy and then email it to me.

• Team Samurai

Got your latest fax of the tech sheet.  It's just barely legible but enough so that I can see that the only thing that directly controls that dispenser motor is the Power Board.  In your first post, you said that the dispenser motor and the display board were replaced.  The display board was probably the User Interface board shown on the diagram.  Can you confirm?  If this is so, then the Power Board would be the only remaining culprit by deduction. 

You are right. The user  inerface board has been replaced.  I will order a control board being that is all  that is left. However I thought that the main board only suppied line voltage to the user inerface board?

• Team Samurai

I'm halfway guessing here because I can barely make out the diagram so you'll have to tell me:  does the dispenser assembly connect to the power control board or to the user interface board?

Sorry for the lenghtly reply.  It connects to the user interface which by the way has already been replaced some time ago.

• Team Samurai

OK, then the main control board supplies power to the user interface board.  Verify that power supply.  For example, if it's supposed to be 12vdc, make sure that's what it is and that it stays constant when you actuate the dispenser. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. Had 120v. steady to display board so I ruled out main board.

Install another display board an all is well.

Thanks.........

• Team Samurai

:party:

Archived