Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE REF GSS25LGMBCC BAD WR30X10012 ICE MAKER ?

megadan66

Checked water valve and voltage to icemaker wondering if there's anything else I should check before ordering an icemaker.Is there a repair manual for this electronic piece of crap(refering to the icemaker) and would you happen to have a schematic or repair manual for the other electronic piece of crap,lol.(refering to the ref)...........Mega-Dan

Thanks for makin' it able for little guy's like me to have accsess to everything the big guy's do.It makes it a lot easier to make a buck in this ever increasing time of immoral capatilism........Dan the Appliance Man

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, my checking friend. I presume that the original problem is that the icemaker is not making ice. Have you checked the fill tube to make sure it is not blocked by a frozen plug of ice?

when I checked  the water valve I hooked it up direct to 120v and watched the water flow through the tube.

Then, yes, I concur with your conclusion.

is there anyway to put these electronic icemakers though a harvest cycle so I can check it at the customers house.Or do I have to instal it and hope I don't hear back from the customer?

If it is the electronic ice maker with the white plastic paddle, after turning the switch on wait 15 seconds, then slowly push in the paddle all of the way and then back out, do not snap it in and out, within 10 seconds...within 15 seconds or so the ice maker will go thru a self diagnostics cycle.....so no ice with the fill valve producing water going direct I would suspect the ice maker or the water line is frozen up in the fill tube area....remember a direct cord test to a fill valve will not be conclusive as that is 120 volts, most of the ice makers put the voltage to the valve thru the mold heater thus only supplying perhaps 97 volts to the valve, this meaning a valve can test good on a test cord but will not open then voltage is sent thru the ice maker...however if this is that electronic ice maker I would suspect this is the problem at this point...

Thanx Pegi I was concerned that the voltage to the icemaker or watervalve might run hrough the main control board.I'm just starting to master these GE(make it hard for the repairman and more expensive to the cutomer)refs.....Dan

Archived