Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Samsung refrigerator RS2545

pkandersen

When doing a code test the middle horizontal line on the right refrigerator temp light lights up.  Freezer works great, Fridges is about 55 degrees when set at 34.  We are very remote and it is next to impossible to get someone out here.  Thanks, Kent

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see an evaporator fan in the freezer.  The manual only goes to page 43 and the codes appear to be on page 46.  Thanks for your help.  Kent

• Team Samurai

The manual is complete; the pagination of the PDF file, however, is hopelessly screwed up. But let's be thankful that we at least *have* a complete manual.

The document is laid out with opposing pages which are mis-matched and not necessarily sequential. Look at the page numbers on the pages and you'll see what I mean.

The error dashes you're interested in are on page 32. The evaporator fan motor access is on page 15.

The evaporator fan is not working.  There must not be an error code for the middle horizontal line.  What would be the next step.  Do I need to check for power?  Is the fan suppose to be on constantly? I will see if the manual tells me what voltage should be at the fan.   Kent

I unhooked the fan and there does not appear to be any power coming to the fan.  I have a small power supply and will see if I can get the fan to work.  The fan says 12 V DC.  The fan does not go with 12 volts unless I do not have enough amperage.  I have the fan off the motor so it shouldn't take too much.  Kent

• Team Samurai

Your making it too hard! Use the built-in diagnostics to make it easy on yourself. Look on pg. 33 of the manual and you'll see a procedure for putting the refrigerator into diagnostic mode and you can manually power up the fan from the control panel. Put it into diagnostic mode and power up the evap fan. The measure for 12vdc at the evap motor leads. No DC == bad board. if you have 12vdc, then you have a bad evap fan motor.

Are you sure the it's the middle segment that's lit and not the bottom? Can be tricky to tell them apart. Bottom segment lit up is a bad evap fan. Page 32 lists all the segment codes.

There does not appear to be any power coming to the fan.  The company I bought it from says they will warrenty the fridge so I just have to take the doors off, haul it back 150 miles get the new one and then take the doors off and set up the new one.  Thanks for your help.  Hopefully I will be able to use you again this year.  Oh, wait that would not be good either.  Thanks, for getting back so fast.  Kent

• Team Samurai

Das cool, m'main man. Let us kay-no how it turns out. :dude:

Archived