Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kenmore(Frigidaire) Range Model #790.95312306

John E. Hoagland

I repoaced the EOC on this range because of an F1 fault.  The F1 fault disappeared and the oven appears to work properly.  However, after the oven is shut off, after a few minutes and F10 fault appears.  Sometimes this can be cleared by pushing cancel and sometimes by unplugging the range.  This fault is not on any of the charts that I can find.  Please HELP!!!  Thank you.  Regards,  John Hoagland

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Runaway Temperature..(F10 only) Check RTD Sensor Probe & replace if necessary.

If oven is overheating, disconnect power. If oven continues to

overheat when the power is reapplied, replace EOC. Severe

overheating may require the entire oven to be replaced should

damage be extensive.

• Team Samurai

Hi, John. Have you ohmed out the sensor at room temp and at 350F?

Also, FWIW, whenever I replace an ERC, I always replace the sensor at the same time. Relative to the cost of the ERC, sensors are inexpensive; a flakey sensor can throw other errors and even take out a brand new ERC.

• 3 weeks later...

This was a very strange fault.  As stated previously, after replacing the EOC an F10 fault appeared, which is not on any fault table.  This fault would often appear several hours after the oven was used, rousing the house occupants out of a sound sleep at 2 AM.  Other than that the oven operated normally. The temperature probe checked ok at both room temperature and 350 degrees.  I again replace the EOC and the probe, as suggested by the Great Samurai. The oven now works as it should.  Regards, John  

Archived